Best Chainsaw advice I ever heard...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one guy on the planet I would loan a saw to. He is my neighbor and has kept a nice 266XP for the last 20 years. He tunes it himself, hand files and even used the saw professionally for a few years (firewood and timber falling). He is retiring to a warmer climate this year, I'm really going to miss him as a neighbor.. all around good folks. He could take out any saw of mine that he chooses and I'm sure he would return it clean and sharp. Seriously, some of the most reponsible people I've ever met.

Having said that, loaning a saw out to anyone else is just asking for it. I could even handle getting back a trashed saw, but it would be a difficult pill to swallow if someone injured themselves with my saw in their hands. Not to mention the potential liability.

This is my loaner saw:

attachment.php

There is one guy on the planet I would loan a saw to. He is my neighbor and has kept a nice 266XP for the last 20 years. He tunes it himself, hand files and even used the saw professionally for a few years (firewood and timber falling). He is retiring to a warmer climate this year, I'm really going to miss him as a neighbor.. all around good folks.

Andre, maybe your neighbor will be gracious enough to give you his 266xp as something to remember him by. :)

Back