Best Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if it will hold up as well as my 371, but grins per mile my 7900 is tops of the saws I've run.

A more positive chain adjuster(adequate but kind of weenie as compared to say a Stihl) and some sort of air injection and it would be nearly the ideal saw in it's size.

038 series for what i know. Why? Because i got a 038, 038S, 038 mag, they all had a working life before i got my hands on it and they keep on going, never any problems. And for a unknown reason i usely pick a 038 for a job, even when i can get it done with a lighter saw.

But what should i say, also have a weak spot for my 028 woodboss and my 660:dizzy:

The Stihl MS361!!!!!![/SIZE]

I like them so much I bought a second one. All around great firewood and falling saw. Light, nimble, vibe-free, runs and runs and runs, problem-free.

attachment.php

Would have agreed two years ago, but by now I say Husky NE346xp!!....:clap: :clap:

Last edited:
038 series for what i know. Why? Because i got a 038, 038S, 038 mag, they all had a working life before i got my hands on it and they keep on going, never any problems. And for a unknown reason i usely pick a 038 for a job, even when i can get it done with a lighter saw.

Those allways were pretty far from state-of-the art.......:givebeer:

The Stihl MS361!!!!!!

I like them so much I bought a second one. All around great firewood and falling saw. Light, nimble, vibe-free, runs and runs and runs, problem-free.

attachment.php

Would have agreed two years ago, but by now I say Husky NE346xp!!....:clap: :clap:

I don't know which one I like better. The 361 is like a Mercedes (comfy quiet and powerful) and the 346 is a Ferrari (just plain rip snortin' baaad...ass!). For felling and bucking <30" the 361 is the perfect tool for the job. For limbing or other surgery (or roughing out SIPs'), the 346 is second to none.

I guess the best saw ever would have to be the MS361/NE346XP tag team.:cheers:

p.s. Big trees are rare around here. Otherwise, my XL700 wouldn't be my biggest (and hardly ever used) saw.

It has to be the 038, 38S leading to the 38M..... strong, reliable ... over-built to last.

My favorite IS the 056M2, and I just happen to have one never-fueled (but I've been as little as 2 beers from gassing it up) :greenchainsaw:

How many beers does it take to be just two away? :cheers:

"best ever produced" could give different answers depending on the criteria used to measure them.

In terms of longevity, durability, number produced, tons of wood cut, it I would say the good ole XL12. The 041 also gets a nod here, but obviously in much smaller numbers. These saws just kept cutting and cutting. Many of them were replaced because they became dated, not because they stopped working.

For the newer stuff, I would have to go with the 372. Our best selling saw every year and everybody loves 'em. Great power to weight. Very easy to work on.

What, its your job to be a jerk here, or what?

I cut with the 25 inch bar on the 361 more than any other bar. I have cut hundreds of trees down with them. No point in looking cool out in the woods. Not that you would know.

Get 'im, WT.

NOBODY better mess with a man who posts a pic of the GREAT Hankus in his avatar!

:greenchainsaw:

Actually, I'm thinking seriously about a Big Bore kit and muffler mod. That should bring me to at least 98.6%, dontcha think? :clap:

Double M,

I see you still have a mild case of CAD.

Mild case of CAD:

Step 1. Think.

Step 2. Act.

Full-blown CAD:

Step 1. Act.

Step 2. Repeat Step 1.

Carry on,

Joat

Back