Best Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really though, My favs at the moment of the saws I have, are MS200T, and 046. Well, dam I like my 394 too. Maybe my mind will change soon, I've now got numerous saws in the works.

For the umpteenth time...

The Stihl MS361!!!!!!

I like them so much I bought a second one. All around great firewood and falling saw. Light, nimble, vibe-free, runs and runs and runs, problem-free.

attachment.php

It has to be the 038, 38S leading to the 38M..... strong, reliable ... over-built to last.

My favorite IS the 056M2, and I just happen to have one never-fueled (but I've been as little as 2 beers from gassing it up) :greenchainsaw:

Do you put long bars on those just to try to make them look cool, cause you know they AINT!!

What, its your job to be a jerk here, or what?

I cut with the 25 inch bar on the 361 more than any other bar. I have cut hundreds of trees down with them. No point in looking cool out in the woods. Not that you would know.

What, its your job to be a jerk here, or what?

I cut with the 25 inch bar on the 361 more than any other bar. I have cut hundreds of trees down with them. No point in looking cool out in the woods. Not that you would know.

Dude Jesus Christ. Simmer down there big fella. Like you've never given anyone a hard time on here. I guess you can't take what you dish out. Sorry mang was just giving ya a hard time. Okay, I won't bug you again, I see your a little touchy about the 361.

The Stihl MS361!!!!!!

I like them so much I bought a second one. All around great firewood and falling saw. Light, nimble, vibe-free, runs and runs and runs, problem-free.

Apparently so awesome that the sheer site of one will drop a tree without a chain!

Like I said, I've run quite a few 361's. No where even close to versatile enough to be named best chainsaw.

Apparently so awesome that the sheer site of one will drop a tree without a chain!

Like I said, I've run quite a few 361's. No where even close to versatile enough to be named best chainsaw.

Yes, you have stated several times that you do not like the 361. I did not notice that the post was asking about which saw to bash, but apparently the 361 seems to bring out the 361 bashers, regardless of the question posted, especially from north of the border.

I have owned and run larger and smaller saws, and the size and versatillity of the 361 are the best suited to the conditions that I have cut in.

Long live the 361!
Until 2010 that is...

Last edited:
blah blah blahLong live the 361!
Until 2010 that is...

In order to compare a mega legend saw to the average saw, besides your own opinion you should probably look at how "others" use it! How many loggers, firewood producers, sawyers and HOMEOWNERS use a 361 vs how many use a 372? You'd be kicked out of the forest for showing up anywhere on the west coast with a 361 if you bought that saw to turn your hours into money. 372's the only recent saw I can name that a homeowner and logger may have (outside of this site)

Realisticly though, If you wanted to name the best chainsaw, it'd probably be the first CHAIN saw that would run with the bar in any direction while the engine still ran. Shortly behind that would be the first two stroke saw that would run on any angle without the carb flooding.

FYI: here's a link to the word several http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/several which you seem to have confused with the word few http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/few

Yes, you have stated several times that you do not like the 361. I did not notice that the post was asking about which saw to bash, but apparently the 361 seems to bring out the 361 bashers, regardless of the question posted, especially from north of the border.

I have owned and run larger and smaller saws, and the size and versatillity of the 361 are the best suited to the conditions that I have cut in.

Long live the 361!
Until 2010 that is...

I never said I didn't like the 361, the only thing I don't like about it, is listening to the babies that own them cry when you say anything bad about it. Oh I also get tired of hearing about it too.

My Stihl MS440`s and The old 044, bullet proof and forgiving, can block wood all day long. Mr Stihl plz. bring em back !!!

It has to be the 038, 38S leading to the 38M..... strong, reliable ... over-built to last.

Great minds think alike. :)

The 038's won't likely win any power to weight contests but they're so well built they'll last forever.

"The 038's won't likely win any power to weight contests but they're so well built they'll last forever."

Agreed. Although not my favorite saw by any means, we had one in our line-up for almost 20 years. It was pulled from a dumpster outside a saw rental place. I took a pocket knife and free'd up the ring and scraped some melted aluminum off the bore, aquired a few peices for it that were missing, and it started and ran flawlessly.

That saw could sit for weeks, months, or years and fire right up and never had to touch anything on it. It was not overly powerful, or really all that fast, but always did anything we asked of it.....Cliff

My favorite IS the 056M2, and I just happen to have one never-fueled (but I've been as little as 2 beers from gassing it up) :greenchainsaw:

Is that the same one you brought to the GTG last year? Bring it next year and maybe, with enough encouragment, you'll fire that thing up.

I still drool when I think about that saw. :cheers:

Poulan Super 250A ( I think) with a 16" bar

I'm not a logger, and I don't cut fire wood for a living, but I do cut firewood for myself. So this saw was bought as just a home owner saw more years ago than I can remember. I did not really take good care of it. I would just go and get it out when I needed it, use it until I was through for the season and put it away, gas in the tank and all, and so it would stay until the next use.

I never even cleaned the air filter, matter of fact, when I did look at it, by accident, I almost didn't have one, it had mostly rotted away. I do know I wore out a bar or two on it and several chains. But every time I went to get it - it started and as for as I know never had the spark plug changed until I bought the 346XP. Then, in a fit of jealous rage, it refused to even make a hiccup, and so I changed the plug and finally cleaned it up.

For a 38cc saw it really runs strong, and part of that may be because the muffler over the years has modified itself to the point you cannot run it without ear protection.

It has no safety features at all, and yet I have never had it try to take an arm off. It was one tough, well made, little saw. It's been like the energizer bunny. It just goes, and goes, and goes, and you can't ask more of a saw than what that little saw has done. It was a darn good, trouble free, tool, and still is.

Dude Jesus Christ. Simmer down there big fella. Like you've never given anyone a hard time on here. I guess you can't take what you dish out. Sorry mang was just giving ya a hard time. Okay, I won't bug you again, I see your a little touchy about the 361.

You've hit the nail on the head there.....He likes to dish it out but he sure can't take it! :ices_rofl:

My vote: WILDTHINGY :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back