Best Light Duty Chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a Pro tree climber that uses a 339xp Daily and he loves it.
Says with his carpaltunnel, The saw is user friendly.

I know a Pro tree climber that uses a 339xp Daily and he loves it.
Says with his carpaltunnel, The saw is user friendly.

It really is, best handling saw I have ever used - quite unique actually.....:yoyo: :yoyo:

..even though Ultra says it looks like it is run over.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I actually think that it really is designed for one-handed limbing of spruce (they will never admit that), but it is very useful for other applications as well, :rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
MS180 is a great little saw and certainly better than the MS170; much better bottom end that is easier to work on or is at least a little less "disposable" in design.

It really is, best handling saw I have ever used - quite unique actually.....:yoyo: :yoyo:

..even though Ultra says it looks like it is run over.....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I actually think that it really is designed for one-handed limbing of spruce (they will never admit that), but it is very useful for other applications as well, :rockn: :rockn:

yes the climber I know likes the 339xp and uses it one handed in a tree.
Gives him an extra stretch.
(not that your suppose to use a saw one handed)

I tried the saw out. I like it. Very balanced. Design fits well in your hands.
The 339xp is a saw that should be taken seriously.

Used a 142 again a few weeks ago. What a dog. When you go that low in cc's I'd almost rather just break out a good sharp hand saw and get some exercise while I'm at it.

Thanks for all the feedback on which chainsaw I should go with. I narowed it down to the stihl or the dolmar. I went out to Amicks and looked at both and after comparing them and getting some good feedback from Tony, I decided to go with the Dolmar.

Will be cranking it up this weekend :chainsaw:

Congratulations on the new Dolmar. Which model did you decide to go with? What else did you buy? Did you buy extra chain/cut resistant:gloves, chap pants, helmet with ear muffs with face screen? Let us know how you like it & post back if you have any questions/problems. Have fun cutting wood. Remember its only work if you would rather be doing something else.

Did you buy the PS401?

I was up at Amick's on Saturday to buy a 401 and PPE for my wife's upcoming birthday, but Tony said they sold their last one recently. "Hers" should be there this week...

Congrats on your new saw!

Back