best power to weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My choice for the 60cc lineup is the Stihl 036 Pro, or MS360 Pro. One of my all time favorites. The ergonomics are PERFECT!

You can also push an 036 QUITE a bit further than expected. Out-cutting a stock 044 is pretty easy.

DSCN0413.jpg

Power-to-weight king is still the 7900, tho.

I beg to differ. The 046 stands alone.

Anyways... all the 50cc and 60cc saws differ by what? half a pound?

Gary

The 046 has A LOT of h.p. for its weight. 6.0
I have an Excellent condition 046 sitting here in the garage. Very nice.....

Last edited:
Not allowed to say a 562xp yet? Technically it fits the "ever made" category :msp_thumbsup:

how does the 361 and 357 compare to the 262

I've owned all 3 of those saws, I still currently have the 357 and the 262, I sold the MS361 about a month ago.. The 262 beats the MS361 and 357 in the power/weight contest, it's a fast revving saw and very light. The only minor drawback is the A/V isn't as advanced as the other two saws.

Using factory Hp. specs = smoke and mirrors , in my opinion .

Since I don't have a chainsaw dyno at home, I guess I will have to rely on the mfg specs. If they lie, maybe they all are stretching the truth equally......actually, the specs seem to be pretty good according to the german testing reports.

The 044 for 70cc and 066 for 90cc. The 372 is also very good 70 cc.

Since I don't have a chainsaw dyno at home, I guess I will have to rely on the mfg specs. If they lie, maybe they all are stretching the truth equally......actually, the specs seem to be pretty good according to the german testing reports.

Maybe the Krauts are biased towards Stihl/Dolmar though ??? LOL

All good choice's I feel. I have yet to run a 7900, but after all the reviews here if I had the cash at the right time, wouldn't hesitate to grab one. This is just my own opinion, but of all mentioned I would stay in the 70cc visinity, do all the small, and smaller saws can do, and almost as light. Yet you get into big stuff, and it will handle it. 7900, 440, 460, 372, 390xp

What is some of the best power to weight ratio saws in the 60 to 70 cc range ever made? Am thinkin about gettin a 262 xp, anything better or comparable? Give me your facts and opinions.

In the 60cc class, the only newer saws that will beat it regarding that ratio, are the 560xp and likely the 562xp as well.
The Euro MS361 will have about the same ratio, but a little less power and less weight than the 262xp.

They aren't - that is "on paper" only!

Ya funny how on paper they are always lighter,,, I dont care who made it!!!!!

JMHO 70CC class stuff,,, the 044/440 372/XP/XPW

Have to include 80cc class {046/460-7900} 064/ 385/288/390XP's

90cc class stuff 066/660 (394/395 Heavy weights)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back