best power to weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can try...

202446d1318356964-resampled_2011-10-11_11-00-15_747-jpg

Nice saw... Needs some black on it though... And stuff...:msp_rolleyes:

560 XP
11.8 lb., 4.7 hp

Maybe someday you'll be able to jump the border to Canada and buy one for $1200!

I don't see where 11.8 comes from, Husky has stated 11.9 from the beginning. :givebeer:

The max power specs are 3.5 kW, 4.7 hp(i) or 4.8 hp(m) - same as the 262xp.

but but it has a 66 top. might as well get the 66 plate :laugh::laugh:

hate to disappoint ya there Young but i'm bettin its 064 all the way,,,

I really don't think Brad wouldnt do something like that,,,w/out claiming hybrid....

?????,,, are you talking about the top cylinder cover (plastic) if so you're wrong thats pure 064

or the jug and slug??????

You will not find better power to weight than a 440 or 372.

for the 60 to 70 cc range I think this is spot on. Of note, the original 066 had an even better power to weight ratio. Granted it is not in the 60 to 70 cc range but I think it was one of the best power to weight ratios of any saw when it first came out. Something like 7.7 hp at 16.1 lbs..... Still capable of that if you open up the muffler but I think the saw has gained a few ounces.

A sentence with best in it anywhere on this site, and 066-660 is alway's one of the first on my mind. Good point Kindling king:clap:

I'm partial to the the 357xp for firewood, it revs high. This one is completely stock and I've been using it since new for 9 years now. Bought a 361 couple months ago and it is very hot, but was ported and muffler ported by Jasha so not a fair comparison.
Joe
View attachment 202488

The Dolmar 7900 is a bit over the displacement range originally suggested but 6.3HP and 6.3Kg is very hard to beat for a stock saw.

hate to disappoint ya there Young but i'm bettin its 064 all the way,,,

I really don't think Brad wouldnt do something like that,,,w/out claiming hybrid....

?????,,, are you talking about the top cylinder cover (plastic) if so you're wrong thats pure 064

or the jug and slug??????

He's referring to the 066 cylinder that's on it. Young, there more that's different on a 064 than the P&C, specifically the flywheel and recoil are thinner.

The Dolmar 7900 is a bit over the displacement range originally suggested but 6.3HP and 6.3Kg is very hard to beat for a stock saw.

hey Simon,,,

When you mod the 7900 series saws do you modify the coil to make it unlimited???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!:pumpkin2::pumpkin2:

Assuming the Chassis are different, would an 066/660 P&C fit on an 046 casing? If so, I wonder how much weight you'd shed, appreciably?

The stroke on the 066/660 is longer there by the cyl taller than the 046,,, I suppose it could be done and probably has but not without monumental effort,,, that I can see,,,,

He's referring to the 066 cylinder that's on it. Young, there more that's different on a 064 than the P&C, specifically the flywheel and recoil are thinner.

Young,,,, I stand corrected,,,,,, its all 064 except for tha jug and slug

Last edited:
660, longer stroke bigger crank, it would be a chainsaw d-stroke motor eh? Been awhile wanna see the numbers again. the 7900, compared to the 390xp power to weight?

Latest posts

Back