Best saw for ground workers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 290 is inexpensive but certainly not light. Look at power to weight and compare it to a 361. You will see and feel a big difference at the end of the day..... just my 2cs.... Mike

046/460 is my pic fer a good allround ground saw

any saw,

I won't stray from Stihl, not because I think they are the absolute best and will make omlettes and leave a mint on my pillow, but because I like all my products to be the same. Makes it easier on me all the way around. I usually have 3 guys on the ground, only 2 of them are allowed to run saws. One is a former logger, so he can have his pick, but for the other I want to get a cheap saw for limbing and very small bucking that won't ruin me if he ruins it.
I was thinking just a 170 but I wanted to get some of your thoughts first. Should I just get abother 290 and let him run the 8 yr old one? (although I've taken great care of it)?

that isn't one of mine.

jred 2152 c is a good small saw if u mod the muffler and change the rim sprocket so u can put a bigger bar than stock allows. this is the saw i use in the tree when i need more saw than 14in bar without the needless lbs. it pulls a sharp 24in bar perty good for its size. the stihl 460 is a beast but no doubt kick azz ground saw.

Back