Best saw tool you have ever bought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M-tooth

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have always been a man to do things the hard way, but I have also always been the kind of person that would rather use the right tool for the job, that means the right wrench for the nut as opposed to pliers or adjustable wrenches (including the metric variety), wire cutters/strippers as oppose to a pocket knife. Not to say I have never done things of this nature at 1:30AM 20 miles from a paved road in -5 degree weather (Fahrenheit). My question to all of you is, what has been the most time saving, convenient tool you have ever spent money on when it comes to chainsaws?

I'll kick it off with the Stihl flywheel puller I bought off ebay for something like $25. I once spent a week and a half trying to get the flywheel off an 051AV with nothing more than a can of liquid wrench, a screwdriver and a decent sized hammer (got it off eventually). The first time I used the flywheel puller was on an ms440 this past fall. Had her off in about 30 seconds. Money well spent and aggravation well avoided in my opinion.

Hard to say, but I keep a harmonic balance puller and a bag of select long bolts/washers/nuts handy. Not too many flywheels (and some clutches) and can't properly pull off. I've beat the hell out of that cheap thing for years and it's still going.

Chris B.

Without a doubt my Harbor Freight chain grinder... I think I paid $15 for it and I've got working pretty good...

TFB

The magnet on a bendable stick.

_1_301017.jpg

My favorite tools are clutch removal tools (sockets) for Husqvarna 346/372, along with piston ring clamp.

Not specifically for saws

An air compressor with a blow gun having a long, thin nozzle is a wonderful thing.

Honorable mention to my collection of dental picks.

Take Care

Back