Best saw tool you have ever bought

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seem to be hard to come by.
Member Dennis Calhoon was having a big sell off, he might have some?

I could take some photos of this one. They seem like they would be easy to copy.

I built one. The picture of the one you have I was looking for some cam lock handles like that to use.

huskybuild042.jpg

huskybuild013.jpg

I built one. The picture of the one you have I was looking for some cam lock handles like that to use.

You can buy cam handles from industrial suppliers like Grainger or McMaster-Carr. Some people make them out of wood for woodworking fixtures.

I have thought about scrounging some off of bicycle quick-release hubs - need to cut down the skewers and re-thread.

Philbert

Rockler Woodworking also sells some aluminum ones (2 for $9) item numbers 58244, 58252. They look to be light duty, but sufficient for this use. I scrounged a bunch of used ones for free from scrap piles at a community bike center. They are also used for seat posts on some mountain bikes.

Philbert

I bought one off ebay.

NEW HUSQVARNA POULAN BLOWER SAW TRIMMER SPLINED CARB TOOL 530035560 L@@K OEM | eBay

If link doesn't work, just search for poulan tool.

Larry

Bought this exact one myself - works just great and makes adjusting the carb easy on a McCullough/Poulan 4218 I picked up recently.

Best thing that I have received is not a tool - it has to be the knowledge that I have learned here from muffler modding/carb tuning/chain sharpening/best practices/advice/etc. Was out splitting wood today with a Fiskars X25 that I bought after reading all the reviews here - that has to be one of the best tools that I ever bought period.

A.S. publicity spoiled a great deal! The price jumped! From $4.95 + $1.99 shipping to $6.88 with FREE shipping. . . . (oh, never mind).

Gonna order a couple. Thanks for the link.

Philbert

I don't know how anybody can sell anything for $6.88 and include shipping. At that price I just bought one had $16 dollars on a gift card I had to use. Got $9.00 any ideas

I don't know how anybody can sell anything for $6.88 and include shipping.

Mine came today - pretty basic. It it was a standard, flat blade screwdriver, it would be in one of those 12 piece sets for $8 at the home center. But this one has the special, splined end, so it was an OK deal. Otherwise, hard to find as an earlier poster noted.

Philbert

Walbro Carb Adjusting Tools

FYI,

On the Walbro Website:

Philbert

SBJ: Walbro Tamper Proof Adjustment Tools

Due to the latest EPA and California Air Resources Board emissions regulations, Walbro has discontinued providing adjustment tools to Central Warehouse Distributors, Dealers or consumers. Several adjustment tools are available; however, they can only be purchased by contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer. One of the most popular tools is the “D” shaped adjustment tool. This tool is to adjust the ‘D’ shaped adjustment needles on specific emission regulating carburetors. The EHP part number for this tool is 530035560 and can only be purchased by authorized EHP service centers and cannot be sold to consumers per the agreement with the EPA. The second one is our #500-20 limiter cap removal tool and our #500-508 limiter cap removal tool. These also must be purchased from an Original Equipment Manufacturer.

When purchasing one of these tools, you will receive the following statement from Walbro:

A Walbro tamper proof adjustment system features integrated components that collectively provide tamper resistance according to regulatory requirements. A Walbro tamper proof adjustment system requires special “Tools” intended for trained and facilitated service technicians to make adjustments for service purposes. A Walbro tamper proof adjustment system also prevents end users from adjusting the low speed and /or high speed needles in such a way that exhaust emission compliance is not attained. In order to adjust a carburetor using a Walbro tamper proof adjustment system, engine manufacturers are offered special Tools for sale by Wablro. Maintaining control of the distribution of these tools or similar tools is critical to assure the continued certification by CARB and/or EPA (or other regulatory agencies) of a Walbro tamper proof adjustment system.

Walbro’s 500-505 tool kit as well as all other individual tools are still available through your nearest Walbro Central Warehouse Distributor. For the Central Warehouse Distributor nearest you click on the Service and Aftermarket section of our web site.

My laptop, because it allow's me to get on this site, and get all the help, and friend's I need. With certain guy's who specialize in certain area's, and can give you a hand with anything. Also they can tell you what tool's you made need, and where to get them. But key is where to start.

I like this one the best. I just started using this site for chainsaws, red square for my wheel horse ( I replaced the rear on my 518 for one out of a 520 and have a "new" tractor ) and tradbow for traditional archery. Great resources and great community. thanks for all your help here. dwc

Back