biggest 2100CD ON EARTH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
130cc!!! Very nice, and classic Husky styling to boot...but you gotta get rid of that purple handle...or is it trying to do a little of the "Wild Thing"?:clap:

I was all out of blue ones, I hope people don't think I'm, well, you know.....

Here is some more

HPIM0090.jpg

this was the day I got it out of the trash at my brothers shop.
HPIM0799.jpg

No cooling here, this is a 285 2 piece flywheel with the fan removed. You also have the use the 285 starter with it. I also used the 285 gas tank just because it doesn't have the thumb pump on it.
HPIM0074.jpg

I should have the muffler finshed today.
HPIM0076.jpg

The crankshaft has a offset pin and a much smaller big end bearing on the custom rod, kind of freaky but this is a race only saw. For the P/C I just bought one of those 3120 knock offs from the bay, didn't matter anyway, I had to cut from so many directions it was unreal and I wasn't even sure I could do it in the first place. As far as what it cost? Not much money, but it did take up 10% of my brain and probably a good 100 hours between math and machine. I couldnt get any more stroke out of it and there is not enough case left to go any more than 60mm on the bore.

Worksaw? Probably not with the stroked crank, I think it would be easier to just sleeve the 2100 head and use the 3120 piston. And I think buying a new 3120 would have been cheaper. half way through this project, the $350 they want for the NOS cylinder didn't seem so bad. I have enough parts to build another one but after that one I will be done with the old CD's.

Thanks for the good answers Romeo. How many Runs has she got in her do ya think? I always kind wondered what it would take in a crank for an 090 to make it last in high rpm applications.

Thanks for the good answers Romeo. How many Runs has she got in her do ya think? I always kind wondered what it would take in a crank for an 090 to make it last in high rpm applications.

Dont know, am going to break it in ths week and race it in Cloudcroft on September 20, then I am going to pull it down and inspest it. If I can get an hour out of it I will be happy.

I think an 090 needs a full circle bike crank. If you look at hotrods crankshaft web site they have most of their specs listed.

Well, it looks like my 3120's reign could be over.:cry:
I'll have the chain for that monster ready before I leave next Sunday...............Hey, I'm making the chain for the saw that I'm running against. That could be just the edge I need. Bwahahahaha.

By the way, that saw sure is pretty. Where'd ya find that paint?:cheers:

Andy

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

great. just what i needed. another idea for what to do with a broken down old saw.

romeo.... either you're a great source of ideas or you'll be the death of me for sure.

i guess its just tough living next to a bunch of old saw dealers and a salvage bike shop and seeing what you've proven can come from them.

any ideas for a sachs 143 platform? i'm running it stock right now.

any references for the math required to match up stuff like that?

is there a race saw engineering course i missed out on?

Yep, I think classes are held behind the door that says "Saw Shop!" :)

(It's in one of Romeo's pics earlier in the thread)

Last edited:
i'll see if i can find a course on that on abebooks.com
i found a nice set of flux core videos there for cheap.

so saw shop.. is that somewhere between small engine and thermal dynamics?

I must have an entire notebook and a wall on the back porch covered with math, I threatened to burn it all when I had it finished. The engineering course requires a good 5 to 10 years of getting your arse kicked in competitions.

But basically, the first thing you have to do is make the jug fit the case, I wasn't going to work the crank but the squish was 1/2 inch. I had to split the difference between the crank stroke, combustion chamber milling, and still ended up making a longer custom piston rod, when I was done I went over .090 (my math missed somewhere) to tall with the piston rod so I built a spacer to bring the jug up even higher. The piston sticks WAAAAY up high compared to stock now. BTW, it took well over 27 tons before it popped loose on the big press to get the pin out of the crank.

Latest posts

Back