biggest 2100CD ON EARTH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pain is a great motivator.

i'll see about getting better at taking saws completely apart and getting my tools geared for that before i attempt a real mash up that isn't tried.

Got a muffler worked out last night. Bolted it on at lunch. Now all I need is the nutz to go run it and see if it holds together.
piston001.jpg

video! video! video!

wow, looks amazing, get a video of its first run for sure!

we all have faith in your engineering, and im sure it will hold together (and blow some minds)....

but if it doesnt.... im sure we all want to see the video anyway:clap:

I think I am going to have to down a six pack of liquid courage first:cheers: , but I am going to at least run it a little and tune it in tonight. maybe a cut or two, but I will get video if I do.

Hell Im excited as hell and its not even my saw.:biggrinbounce2:

I need a favor

46mm stroker crank, 3120 60mm cylinder, 130cc.
Still working up a muffler. Race only (stock appearing, no 2 piece head, gas)
HPIM0078.jpg

HPIM0088.jpg

I havent started it yet, hope it don't explode.

Can someone do me the favor of posting the pics in the message or attaching them another way. I only get internet at work and it doesn't let photobucket come through. I hate it when work interferes with my addiction. Thanks in advance and I'm sure this thing is awesome. Heck, I think mine is and it is bone stock. :cheers:

I think I am going to have to down a six pack of liquid courage first:cheers: , but I am going to at least run it a little and tune it in tonight. maybe a cut or two, but I will get video if I do.

COOL!!
Just a post to make updates arrive in my CP page :cheers:

guess you'll have to engineer a testing vice of sorts. some sort of variable clamp and press system to hold the thing together.

good ol duct tape should be fine for holding the throttle. then again if you've got it idling ok there shouldn't be an issue there.

The weather was CR@P when I got home yesterday. I know saws run in the rain but I don't unless I have to. So its just sitting there ready to go. Today looks like a nice day, I think I will hop over to Redprospectors house after work and make a few cuts.

guess you'll have to engineer a testing vice of sorts. some sort of variable clamp and press system to hold the thing together.

good ol duct tape should be fine for holding the throttle. then again if you've got it idling ok there shouldn't be an issue there.

I guess I am the test vice. Running these kinds of builds is always a little freaky, but running a new bikesaw is much worse.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :givebeer:

I know how to build bikes, I know how to build saws, I wish I knew how the :censored: to build a bike saw. can't wait hurry up and saw somethin'

I am niebors with the Bekkavar's. (pnw guys might know the name) They had there yearly family BBQ, over 500 people, one v-6 saw (Nitrous, 300+ mph chain speed, 1 second in 28" wood), and there harley evo powered saw. wish I took some pics or video for you guys. sorry, didn't think about it.

looking forward to picking up the neighbors yz125 crank. it will need everything else but may make a first go. like i've said i need to get my tools geared up for some full dismantling of saw parts.

one of the saw shops is offering me a deal on larger bars that don't fit on anything... obsolete harvester stuff etc. i'm going to have to see what comes in for frigged up saws with decent cranks.

oh by the way... the wife would like to thank you for some of these ideas!

spread some thick sarcasm on that sandwich.

Would it speed this process up any if I said that I didn't have long to live and I just have to see this thing run before I die? It wouldn't be true but i'll say it if it gets this show on the road.

Hahaha. Romeo's pretty good at building drama, eh?
I was at his house a couple of hours ago, and that monster looks better in person than in picture. And the compression.........................Romeo's gonna have to start working out.:lifter: I've got saw's that run good on less compression than the 2130 with the compression release pushed in.
Still haven't seen it run though. If it doesn't happen in the next day or two I won't get to see it run till the 20th.
Personally, I think he's got a little case of the jitters.

Andy

Latest posts

Back