Boot time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So how long do you guys wear your boots in hours per day?
I will start,,I put mine on at 4:45am and take them off around 6pm.
Now that I don't climb anymore, I buy the different kind of footwear,
The thing is that my feet felt great when I was a climber and had good footwear,
But now my feet hurt like hell at the end of a day,, so, I was thinking about wearing my 16" wesco's.
my feet never hurt in them,
Thanks to Wes and Cody, :)
Jeff:p

I put mine on around 7 and come off 5-8. I bought a pair of keens and been happy.

6 till at least 5pm+
Meindl airstream are the most comfy grippy and toughest chainsaw boots I've ever used, almost like wearing trainers, almost

Most days from 7AM till around 11PM or so. I wear $50 Walmart specials. Though I guess with all the pain meds I take for my back, maybe my feet are killing me and I don't even notice haha!

A good pair of gel or other type of insole can make a big difference.
I bought a pair of expensive ones (the insoles, not the boots) at Cabelas a few years ago that were expensive, but really comfortable.

A good pair of gel or other type of insole can make a big difference.
I bought a pair of expensive ones (the insoles, not the boots) at Cabelas a few years ago that were expensive, but really comfortable.

For my old tired feet, the light weight Danner boot from Cabela's is good for general purpose. However, you can't beat a good pair of logger boots on mountainous terrain.

I recently made the switch from logger boots to high end hiker boots. I wear them from 6:30 till between 5-8. My feet and back have much less pain since the switch.

7- whenever usually 5... guys try on the timberland pro waterproof composite toe... light and low break in time. Really good boot

I hadn't either until two years ago. They were designed for hunters going after mountain sheep in rough areas. They are a bit stiff but provide great support for the ankle. I wear them for climbing and also when I'm using spikes. They are made in Italy and the quality shows. I send them back at the end of the season to get resoled and repaired for $150.00. They are also waterproof.

I wear whites smoke jumpers everyday from 0600-2000 every day sometimes six days a week love them and wescos when I climb and my feet fell great. I will say this though a boot salesman once told me this and it makes sense. Some people's feet need support some need cushion so there is no one boot cures all. Just my two cents

I need a new pair of good tall gortex lightweight durable boots. Nothing is catching my eyes.

Redwing/Danner flat soled on at 5:30.
If it's a removal I put on 16" westco lineman boots. As soon as I hit the ground, flat bottoms again.
Boots with high soles makes you walk like a women (hips forward) pinching an already ailing sciatica nerve.

I wear tennies until i have to climb then switch in and out of my boots for climbing or ground work.

boots on at 630... off when i get out of the tree...light hikers for ground work (unless im working with super-sized logs on the ground)...
lugging steal toed boots around on the ground is bad on the lower back... especially hauling brush... and hurting feet can be dehydration...

Back