Brand New to the Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant go past a favourite

No matter the saw variety, maintenance and use will always influence your ease of operation and overall results from any work you will do.

Having made that statement I have used many brands and Stihl stand out from the rest if im not payin for em.

:computer:

Thanks for all the welcomes! I figured that I'd take a little ribbin from some over my Echos and I have. I'll laugh with you in good jest. I do like my Echos, I have no reason not to, they've treated me great at work and home. I know they're going to run. I'm not into saw racing so a few seconds faster in the cut is not a factor that weighs heavy on me, a saw that I can count on is. I know it won't be long before one of you guys sweet talk me into a Stihl or something; talking me out of my Echos you'll have your work cut out for you. But I'm open minded and I like owning good stuff.

I plan on doing a lot more reading than posting to start off with in order to bone up on my knowledge base and pick up on tips. Once again, thanks for the hello's and its good to see a few echo fans on here. Has anyone had their hands on a CS-8000 and how did you like it if you have?

I agree with what you say about Echo's compared to Stihl's. I had my CS670 modded and just love it. When I get a saw budget like OlyJim I want a 441 or 460.

Echo CS-8000

No matter the saw variety, maintenance and use will always influence your ease of operation and overall results from any work you will do.

Having made that statement I have used many brands and Stihl stand out from the rest if im not payin for em.

:computer:

lololol, I guess I'd like them too if I wasn't paying for them! I know what your saying though. :)

Jack, I've never used a CS-8000. They appear to be a little lacking in the HP vs weight department when compared to their STIHL counterparts. On this particular saw the price point is right up there with a STIHL MS 441. Although, I do like Echos...I'm not sure this particular Echo is a saw that I would consider purchasing when these two factors are combined together. I believe the CS-8000 retails for $819.95 (+/-) with a 24" B&C, however, if your set on this saw; I know where they can be had right now for $712.95 to your front door. PM me and I'll send you the information. I'm sure that the CS-8000 would probably do all that you would want it to do; and be reliable if it is at all like the other Echos. Its just not the best buy in this saw category due to it being out done by the STIHL MS 441, Husky 272, Dolmar 7900, and JRed 2171. I'd pick-up the 441 or 7900...by all means choose wisely. :)

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

Hi,

welcome here ...

...and go your own way by chainsaws.

They are so good as the service and the chains are sharp. :chainsawguy:

lololol, I guess I'd like them too if I wasn't paying for them! I know what your saying though. :)

Jack, I've never used a CS-8000. They appear to be a little lacking in the HP vs weight department when compared to their STIHL counterparts. On this particular saw the price point is right up there with a STIHL MS 441. Although, I do like Echos...I'm not sure this particular Echo is a saw that I would consider purchasing when these two factors are combined together. I believe the CS-8000 retails for $819.95 (+/-) with a 24" B&C, however, if your set on this saw; I know where they can be had right now for $712.95 to your front door. PM me and I'll send you the information. I'm sure that the CS-8000 would probably do all that you would want it to do; and be reliable if it is at all like the other Echos. Its just not the best buy in this saw category due to it being out done by the STIHL MS 441, Husky 272, Dolmar 7900, and JRed 2171. I'd pick-up the 441 or 7900...by all means choose wisely. :)

Best Regards,
OLY-JIM

Thanks Oly-Jim. I'll consider all my options and I may hit you up on where to by the 8000 in a couple days. I have all Echos as of now and I may just try and keep it in the family. As you suggested, I doubt it would give me any problems. I appreciate the time you took to respond.

It's my understanding that you have to have 50 points before you can return the reputation points. I owe a couple of you already. Thanks everybody.

Welcome (again):D
Have you checked in with Mr. Echo?

Bob Wright <<<<<<(This is him):D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut4fun
So what is the years made on the 1200 and 1201.
I never heard of them till this thread and just curious to learn.
If one is to be had I am sure I can check out Bob's 1201 someday.

I posted some pics to my Echo yahoo group on this saw april 4th 2004. I emailed Echo soon after that...Bob
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/echochainsaws/
http://www.metalmasterfab.com
FREE ECHO MANUALS -->http://www.echo-usa.com/documentation.asp
IF YOU NEED RECOIL DRUMS FOR AN ECHO CS-315 I HAVE THEM.

Mr. Echo? Does this mean that Mr. Wright works at Echo?

Welcome and sorry !

now the sorry part is if you are like the rest of us you
will get the bug and buy saws you don't need and get
obsessed with needless spending!

welcome we don't want to be the only one with this plight :laugh:

Well the most important thing is that you have a good dealer, and from what it sounds a great relationship with them. Any saw has the potential to give you problems (some more than others) and having a solid dealer to back you up is imperative. Welcome to AS, if you have any questions the guys on this site are among the worlds best(or at least they know who to call:jester: )

Latest posts

Back