Brother took one of his piggies to market!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your brother is ok! Steel toes are piece of mind whether it be from a falling log, rock, metal, or anything else. They have saved my toes more than once and I would never buy a regular pair of work boots again!

BTW, it was shorts and sandals, but that was on vacation! :cheers:

On another note I wonder what that guys foot would have looked like that dropped the keg on it without steel toes on....

Hope your brother is ok! Steel toes are piece of mind whether it be from a falling log, rock, metal, or anything else. They have saved my toes more than once and I would never buy a regular pair of work boots again!

BTW, it was shorts and sandals, but that was on vacation! :cheers:

On another note I wonder what that guys foot would have looked like that dropped the keg on it without steel toes on....

Your right I'm sure it could have been worse but it did instantly blow the steel right out the boot and across the room.

We had another guy get backed over with a forklift. tore his leg and foot up really bad. It took forever to get his stuff off to work on him because the steel toe was crushed on his food and they had to cut it off.

When I work on heavy equipment they don't want us to wear steel toes cause they just make things worse in that situation. Instead of crushing your toes they all just get cut off then you cant get the boot off either.

Just my preference...I don't like steel toes.

Your right I'm sure it could have been worse but it did instantly blow the steel right out the boot and across the room.

We had another guy get backed over with a forklift. tore his leg and foot up really bad. It took forever to get his stuff off to work on him because the steel toe was crushed on his food and they had to cut it off.

When I work on heavy equipment they don't want us to wear steel toes cause they just make things worse in that situation. Instead of crushing your toes they all just get cut off then you cant get the boot off either.

Just my preference...I don't like steel toes.

I hear what your saying. I had a buddy that worked in a tool and die shop and said pretty much the same thing. It just seems counter-intuitive to me. For what I do I wouldn't wear non-toe boots, but then again I'm not in your line of work. Thanks for the reply.

I hear what your saying. I had a buddy that worked in a tool and die shop and said pretty much the same thing. It just seems counter-intuitive to me. For what I do I wouldn't wear non-toe boots, but then again I'm not in your line of work. Thanks for the reply.

I can certainty see where you guys are coming from and that they probably do work but for me...They are no good! :cheers:

I have had steel toes save me. And my brother had a pair of steel toes on when a sbc 350 fell off a motor stand and landed on his foot. The steel toe bent enough to make it difficult to take the boot off, and ruined the boot but his toes are still there.

Some shops where the steel or composit toe over there boots, protect's them from a lot of stuff but wont cut there toes off.

Update. I just talked to my brother, he will keep his big piggy if they can keep it from getting infected, and the tendon heals. He said he was wearing Timberland Pro boots, but he thought they were composite toe. I know Timberland makes several in the Pro line. He wasn't sure if the chain went through the toebox, or if it went just behind it. He'll be alright, he's enjoying his pain killers and being waited on by his girlfriend. Problem is, now I have to go get his truck, which is about 3 hours from my house. :dizzy:Thanks for all the encouragement fellas!

Me personally i do not like steel toes. I have to wear them every day at work and have seen nothing good with them. One guy Dropped a keg on his foot from 3 kegs high and it blew the steel out the front of the boot and took his big toe off...wasn't pretty

Generally speaking, a steel toe boot is many times stronger than a foot.
An impact that can smash the steel toe would turn the foot to pulp in a regular boot.

Back