Building An 064 With A MS 660 BB Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is with the 7pin rim.

[video=youtube;WPyGKcbWzBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPyGKcbWzBs[/video]

randy you need to bring it over and lets stick it in some hardwood to test its grunt

Looks strong Randy. That's a nice looking bar you got there too:msp_wink: How you like that square ground?

using it for target practice????:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

How did you guess???? :msp_sneaky:

randy you need to bring it over and lets stick it in some hardwood to test its grunt

That old chunk is the biggest thing around here right now. It seems like it'll be ok though.

Looks strong Randy. That's a nice looking bar you got there too:msp_wink: How you like that square ground?

Really good feller let me use that bar......a couple of fine chains too.

I'm wondering how I'm gonna sharpen that square. I reckon it's time to learn a new trick. :rock:

Randy it's big enough to give you plenty of practice on one. If I was home right now you could mail it up and I would sharpen it for you. If not a round file works fine on it.

Randy it's big enough to give you plenty of practice on one. If I was home right now you could mail it up and I would sharpen it for you. If not a round file works fine on it.

I need to spend some time on learning to file square. I predict some long nights. :laugh:

I have a couple more videos uploading. Same wood with a 8 pin and a 9 pin in smaller white oak. The chain wasn't real good on that one though.

To be honest, I just wanted to see if this thing had enough torque to pull a 9....

if you lived closer randy i would bring you a couple of logs,, i just got a 16" trailor load of white oak logs,,, 16-20" diameter

It looked like it pulled it pretty good in the first video. I would imagine it should be pretty strong with an 8 pin.

if you lived closer randy i would bring you a couple of logs,, i just got a 16" trailor load of white oak logs,,, 16-20" diameter

I need to go over to Terry's job site and have him load me up a decent chunk. :msp_biggrin:

I'll be on a roof all day tomorrow. A break from the saws will be welcome though.

It pulled the 8 faster I think. What say you guys?

[video=youtube;E1GYiP9W3fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GYiP9W3fg[/video]

9 pin. The chain ain't too hot though. :(

[video=youtube;8DPWCXlOlXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DPWCXlOlXg[/video]

Now your cuttin...

You have just proved to me that on the bigger saws more chain speed is a plus!

Who makes a 10 Tooth!:msp_wink:

A 066 pulling a 9 pin is a rare sight. This saw has a little more torque than the "normal" woods ported 066.

A 066 pulling a 9 pin is a rare sight. This saw has a little more torque than the "normal" woods ported 066.

That's kinda how I thought it would be. Gobs of torque would be a bit better description. :laugh:

Hard to tell from a vid, but it seems to be turning a bit less rpm than typical. It might could stand a bit more exhaust timing...

That's kinda how I thought it would be. Gobs of torque would be a bit better description. :laugh:

Hard to tell from a vid, but it seems to be turning a bit less rpm than typical. It might could stand a bit more exhaust timing...

It's in the low 170s on the exhaust....plus it's still making over 180psi.

Broke the recoil handle today when it burped....or was it a fart?

attachment.php

Back