Busy or slow in your state?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in nnj to - Sussex county.

spring started off good then it was slow for 6 weeks now it started to pick up again...
We got a call for 2 blown over trees in the storm last night but I have not seen much damage otherwise.

Started really slow in May. Usually the phone is off the hook in May but we were down a good 50% for our spring bump. Things are better now. Still less jobs than last year, but we`ve scored some really sweet ones in the last few weeks and that makes up for the shortage.

Busy in Colorado. Haven't been able to fish yet this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was terribly slow this spring. Then it picked up, and now it is ok. A lot of new guys out there putting lawn and telephone signs everywhere. I almost want to make some phony ones that will blend in. Like "Tree work, back massages" and then my buddy's phone number.

We were booked at least 3 weeks out since beginning of spring until this week. Were only about a week out now & the phone has slowed too. Always slows down after the 4th though. We've been very lucky this year as other fellow well known legitimate services have been really slow, only 2 or 3 days of work a week for them. Also, a few new faces around town too this year, I wonder how they are doing, all brand new equipment too, yet don't see them out much. I know I wouldn't want to be on the hook for that new stuff & not working. We did buy out another company last year so that could be a reason for our success. Who knows though, there are so many factors.

Slowed down here... was really good from March till the first of july.

For some reason everyone is putting the job off into late summer and fall??

Has been slow for me all summer bit now I am getting calls to go back inot jobs where the other start ups in my area went and do a whole bunch of corrective pruning. I have approx 3 weeks booked for this winter now. But I am just biding my time for now.

Upstate ny and I'm coming out of the busiest July on the books. Money wise is nice but it goes out real fast when you're running this hard. Stress is a whole nuther story...

We're slow right now in North Alabama. We were booked over two weeks out in June. The 4th happened and it's like every body went on vacation for the summer or something. Our weather has sucked (rain) so that's probably not helping either.

Latest posts

Back