Call me crazy....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have

OP, it seems like you were bragging a bit or patting yourself on the back a bit.

I have only fellen 2 or 3.

I read a BUNCH of stuff on here before I did.

I prefer to let someone else fell the tree. I will go from there.

You logging guys are something else being able to do it day after day. I am worn out after a day of firewood cutting!!!!!!!

I recall someone's sig on here saying "always be teachable". I really like that idea.

I myself have cut a number of trees. Not sure exactly. But I can say that, so far and by the grace of God, at the end of the day there were dead trees and I walked away. I'll take that.

My level of experience is probably pretty high by most any one's standards, and I am fairly confident in my overall woodsmanship. Interestingly, just a couple days ago I made a HUGE bonehead move. Luckily, nothing was harmed other than me. Don't really wanna get into details, and I will not put any gruesome photos up. In fact, I refuse to take pictures of the carnage when I do something really stupid. But, I won't soon forget, and will wear a permanent reminder of my stupidity for the rest of my days.

Overconfidence and complacency will getcha no matter who you are. I'll bet it even works that way for PNW loggers. You might wanna ask them politely.......

Reminds me of a day back in Oklahoma when I was falling hazard trees...

Country Rube: "What's them red and white things ya got there?"

Me: "Wedges."

Country Rube: "Wedges?! (Laughs loudly) I don't EVER have to use none of them!!! Juss put 'er whar she leens!" (Laughs some more).

Me: "Well, that's cause I do directional falling and you don't."

Didn't hear another laugh the rest of the day. I guess it greatly perplexed his hillbilly thinking train that one could actually make a tree go where it wasn't leaning.

What kind of oil do I use on my boots, what ratio gives the most spreadage? I'm thinking of using Amsoil at 100 to 1, but I've stories of heel seizures and vibram loss.
BTW I never wear wedges, does that make me a dork?

Thought I would help keep this going.

PNW loggers wear stripe girl panties.:rock::rock:

So, what if they do? There's nothing wrong with that. Years ago, when the logs actually were bigger, there was a very pregnant PNW logger chasing on the landing. You got a problem if her panties were striped instead of floral? How about Caroline, the log truck driver?

Last edited:
I once saw one of the panty wearing log truckers wearing some pretty lavender colored gloves for driving.
Nothing wrong with that. Wouldn't matter if a guy wore them either.

She still threw the wrappers on.

Aw, now, where'd he go? This was just gettin' good!

Yup, this is the second guy that's got blown out of here lately.

Maybe we're just too rough on tall tale tellers and overly critical wannabes. Maybe we should just oooh and ahhh and believe the fancy stories and go along with being insulted.

Naahhhh...never mind. :buttkick: Next?

Yup, this is the second guy that's got blown out of here lately.

Maybe we're just too rough on tall tale tellers and overly critical wannabes. Maybe we should just oooh and ahhh and believe the fancy stories and go along with being insulted.

Naahhhh...never mind. :buttkick: Next?

Thats just to easy.

Back