Can Someone Explain the Three Saw Plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could only have one saw, It would have to be a GOOD 70cc.

Two saws? Add a GOOD 50cc.

Third saw? A VERY Lightweight 35-40cc saw, well-made, with good power. "brushing saws" are Very Handy to me.

The third should be a 60cc saw, to fill the gap between the 50 and 70cc ones - or a 90cc if the 70cc isn't large enough (it is in my case).

If the 50cc saw is the right one, there is no need for anything smaller - unless you need a top-handle. ;)

OOPS, looks like there's only six saws on that table, so it's my six saw plan. A couple of the 10-10's are missing and the 1-43, and the c-52 and the Craftsman 55, and a Poulan 2150, so technically it's a 12 saw plan that keeps expanding, might that be what they consider CAD ??:laugh:

OOPS, looks like there's only six saws on that table, so it's my six saw plan. A couple of the 10-10's are missing and the 1-43, and the c-52 and the Craftsman 55, and a Poulan 2150, so technically it's a 12 saw plan that keeps expanding, might that be what they consider CAD ??:laugh:

I think I need a couple of 10 10's...great exhaust note...my favorite saw exhaust actually.

A CAD Thing

I thought that the 3 saw plan was an excuse to have more saws, not because you needed different saws for different cutting.
But I Was Wrong - 1 saw limbing/brushing 2- 50cc lightweight cutter/blocking 3- big guy for bigger trees.
So I learned something. I WILL NOT CATCH CAD, my new personal mantra or whatever.
My neighbor gave me a Remington 39A and a Wild Thing, are there any parts available for these?

I'm using the three saw plan and have been for years!:msp_w00t:

I have a 346 for the small stuff, a 262 for general use, a 372 for the bigger stuff, a 394 for the really big stuff.... a couple of JD twins 'cause they're neat, a pair of 090's, some MS200T's a few 266's, a 288 'cause it sounds so cool...

Oh wait... Did I say three saw plan!??:msp_unsure:

I thinks I gots CAD. :help:

:hmm3grin2orange:

Dude, me thinx you need a shave. :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm trying to figure out the 12 saw plan myself. When I get frustrated trying to figure it out I'll probably give up and move onto figuring out a 13 saw plan :hmm3grin2orange:

Reckon the OP has an idea yet? Three saws may be enough for some, but not many! This crowd is crazy for the saws!:rock:

The 3 saw plan, refers to having 3 of each and every model/size ever made.....not three saws total. Everyone knows that.:cool2:

Tony

For the average home owner, one saw will do.
For a business, you need backups plus specialized saws for deferent conditions.
Not only do I have back up saws, but I have parts on hand for them as well.
Loosing half a day for a 2 dollar part that shuts you down really sucks.

Another three saw plan is ......

3 x 30 cc

3 x 40 cc

3 x 50 cc

3 x 60 cc

3 x 70 cc

:msp_wink:

I must say some time ago I figured that I'd need a small, medium and larger saw. Pruning / bucking / felling.
So far I have accumulated
2 top handles with 12" bars
35cc & 40cc with 14" bars
45cc with 16" bar
55cc with 18" bar
58cc with 20" bar.......and a 24" if I am real enthusiastic :msp_thumbsup:

I can see some gaps that need filling in and am working on it slowly, My lawns are my biggest priority right now.

Latest posts

Back