Carefull what you say!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Good shop story for today.

Fellow brings me a old beat up 021 for a buddy of his to check out. I pull the rope, little compression, know right away its scored. I pull the muffler, bingo, fried bigtime. I show the man the scored piston, put the muffler back on and hand him the saw. He says I'll take it back to my friend and tell him what you found. I said well that thing is old, beat up, not really worth a new cylinder and piston. He goes ok, I'll tell him, he'll probably just throw it away. I go well tell him if he's gonna pitch it I'll use it for parts. He goes ok, I'll tell him, out the door he goes with the saw, no charge.

Hour and half later here comes the same guy back carrying that old 021. He says my buddy said you can have this. I go ok. Then he says my buddy claims you overcharged him on a Husky saw you worked on a few weeks ago. I go really, whats his name. He told me. I go awww that dayumm thing. I said I didn't overcharge him, he got a free fuel hose installed, some missing screws replaced and a carb cleaning. I think I charged him 25.00. He says well he feels you overcharged him. I go well lets look up the ticket and see cause I know I don't overcharge anyone.

Sitting at the computor looking in the system for the ticket he goes well why don't you just call him and talk to him. I go ok, whats his number. He gives me his buddies number and then it gets good.

I call the man and he answers with hello. I go are you so and so. He goes yeah. I go what the hell is this BS I hear you think I overcharged you on fixing your Husky saw. He goes huh. I go you heard me, your friend here tells me you think I over charged you, dayummed if I overcharged you but I sure as hell will nexttime. He busts out laffing and says I told him to tell you that and to give you pure hell. I go well its on now, this POS 021 you sent him down here with to get checked out, well that'll be 35.00 check out fee and I'm keeping the saw. He goes well I'll just get my ball bat and come down there and wear you out. I go yeah, well bring it, I'll kick your azz all the way back to where you came from, ya hear me. He is rolling on the phone. We went back and forth for about 20 minutes. It was hilarious. The odd part was I had no idea who the man was and it was the first time I ever spoke to him. I figured what the hell, lay it on his hide.

Now the funny part. His friend he sent with the saw was sitting in the chair laffing so hard I thought he was gonna die. He looked like he was going to fall out the chair any second.

So be carefull when you accuse someone of overcharging you, they may be like me and call you with a can of whoop azz,haha

Good shop story for today.

Fellow brings me a old beat up 021 for a buddy of his to check out. I pull the rope, little compression, know right away its scored. I pull the muffler, bingo, fried bigtime. I show the man the scored piston, put the muffler back on and hand him the saw. He says I'll take it back to my friend and tell him what you found. I said well that thing is old, beat up, not really worth a new cylinder and piston. He goes ok, I'll tell him, he'll probably just throw it away. I go well tell him if he's gonna pitch it I'll use it for parts. He goes ok, I'll tell him, out the door he goes with the saw, no charge.

Hour and half later here comes the same guy back carrying that old 021. He says my buddy said you can have this. I go ok. Then he says my buddy claims you overcharged him on a Husky saw you worked on a few weeks ago. I go really, whats his name. He told me. I go awww that dayumm thing. I said I didn't overcharge him, he got a free fuel hose installed, some missing screws replaced and a carb cleaning. I think I charged him 25.00. He says well he feels you overcharged him. I go well lets look up the ticket and see cause I know I don't overcharge anyone.

Sitting at the computor looking in the system for the ticket he goes well why don't you just call him and talk to him. I go ok, whats his number. He gives me his buddies number and then it gets good.

I call the man and he answers with hello. I go are you so and so. He goes yeah. I go what the hell is this BS I hear you think I overcharged you on fixing your Husky saw. He goes huh. I go you heard me, your friend here tells me you think I over charged you, dayummed if I overcharged you but I sure as hell will nexttime. He busts out laffing and says I told him to tell you that and to give you pure hell. I go well its on now, this POS 021 you sent him down here with to get checked out, well that'll be 35.00 check out fee and I'm keeping the saw. He goes well I'll just get my ball bat and come down there and wear you out. I go yeah, well bring it, I'll kick your azz all the way back to where you came from, ya hear me. He is rolling on the phone. We went back and forth for about 20 minutes. It was hilarious. The odd part was I had no idea who the man was and it was the first time I ever spoke to him. I figured what the hell, lay it on his hide.

Now the funny part. His friend he sent with the saw was sitting in the chair laffing so hard I thought he was gonna die. He looked like he was going to fall out the chair any second.

So be carefull when you accuse someone of overcharging you, they may be like me and call you with a can of whoop azz,haha

Sounds like your the type of guy that gets along with everyone. He probably thought you could handle a joke like that. Did you really charge him?

Sounds like your the type of guy that gets along with everyone. He probably thought you could handle a joke like that. Did you really charge him?

On the 021, course not. The funniest part was me asking him are you so and so. When he said yeah it was on, I hit him so fast and so hard all he could say was huhhhhhhhhhhhh,LOLOLOL

I got no clue who I was talking to but I hope he comes in the shop sometime, I think we could have a blast shooting the bull, if not, we can threaten each other for 20 minutes, I find that fun too,LOLOLOL

my name is Sue. How do you do. Now you gonna DIE!!!!!!

Awwww my man Cash. Ya know I had the electric company come by this morning. They wanted 3 - HT131's, a bunch of saw cases, some oil and other things. What they didn't send them with was a way to pay for this stuff. They said didn't our boss call you and tell you he would be by later to pay for this stuff. I go yeah he called and left a message on the phone. I go now if he gets in a reck on his way overhere who pays the bill. They go awwwwwwwwww man. I said awwwwwwww man my azz, really boys, where in the hell can you walk in a place, take this much stuff and say some guy is coming by later to pay for it. Now I gotem sweating. I get this but but but,hehe. I let em go with their stuff but not before I had the fun of giving them a hard time. Their boss came by a hour later and paid. Good thing too, I needed my energy later for my phone call, it was a fun day at the shop....

Awwww my man Cash. Ya know I had the electric company come by this morning. They wanted 3 - HT131's, a bunch of saw cases, some oil and other things. What they didn't send them with was a way to pay for this stuff. They said didn't our boss call you and tell you he would be by later to pay for this stuff. I go yeah he called and left a message on the phone. I go now if he gets in a reck on his way overhere who pays the bill. They go awwwwwwwwww man. I said awwwwwwww man my azz, really boys, where in the hell can you walk in a place, take this much stuff and say some guy is coming by later to pay for it. Now I gotem sweating. I get this but but but,hehe. I let em go with their stuff but not before I had the fun of giving them a hard time. Their boss came by a hour later and paid. Good thing too, I needed my energy later for my phone call, it was a fun day at the shop....
I guess i wasnt the only one to experience high winds last night!

Nice to hear from you Tommy, are you keeping everything in VA on the up and up?

Now the guys in the big city say $35 look at fee is right in line, boys in the country will still sharpen chains for $5, $2 more if it's on the saw...

Mark

Yeah I hear about some of those check out fee's, unreal. I never and have never charged for yanking a muffler, hell it only takes a minute. Chains now, if I could charge what I'd like to charge for sharpening chains I'd never have to sharpen another chain long as I live,haha Chains are about the only part of the saw biz I really hate. I just find doing chains the most boring job in the world. I'd rather pick corn with the chickens than sharpen a dayumm chain. Most of my regulars know it too and what do they do, they bring em in and go I got a present for you and laff, the bas-tards,LOLOL

I guess i wasnt the only one to experience high winds last night!

Aww I try to kept the shop kinda fun and lively. I got alot of folks that come in just to shoot the bull and have a good laff. One man told me last week this place is more fun than the barbar shop. He was picking up his chains, I growled at him,GRRRRRRRRRRR

They we're preparing for the ice we was suppose to get...

Aww I try to kept the shop kinda fun and lively. I got alot of folks that come in just to shoot the bull and have a good laff. One man told me last week this place is more fun than the barbar shop. He was picking up his chains, I growled at him,GRRRRRRRRRRR

I wish i had a shop like that around here. Of course i dont have the time but still lmao! We dont even have a good stihl dealer around here!

I wish i had a shop like that around here. Of course i dont have the time but still lmao! We dont even have a good stihl dealer around here!

Well maybe I'm alittle different. I hate going into any business and have someone give me the yes sir, no sir, can I help you treatment. I want people to talk to me the way I talk, like what the hell you here for so I can reply if I wanted you to know I'd tell ya. That kind of talk I can relate to. Even my family doc I've had for over 30 years knows how I am and he cuts up and carries on with me even when I'm sick, my kinda doc......

That's gotta be the best story of someone inadvertently opening the world's biggest can of worms mixed with whoopass. :laugh: It's the :bomb:

Sounds like one of them"just how big an ole boy are you stories",but considerin the sorce I belive it.
Good thing Tom don't have a shop near here or he would keep me in the poor house,just hangin out there.

Well maybe I'm alittle different. I hate going into any business and have someone give me the yes sir, no sir, can I help you treatment. I want people to talk to me the way I talk, like what the hell you here for so I can reply if I wanted you to know I'd tell ya. That kind of talk I can relate to. Even my family doc I've had for over 30 years knows how I am and he cuts up and carries on with me even when I'm sick, my kinda doc......

How far from you is Romney WV are you - it doesn't look like it is very far on the maps I have seen?

I even found your shop and name through Stihl USA, some time ago.

:cheers:

Last edited:
How far from you is Romney WV are you - it doesn't look like it is very far on the maps I have seen?

I even found your shop and name through Stihl USA, some time ago.

:cheers:

I'm closer to Washington DC than Romney WV. Romney is about 40 miles , DC is around 30. Ya know Sawtroll I'd loved to have you come by one day. I'd say now you sit there and watch me sell these 290's and if you say one word I'll beat you with a hose full of sand,LOLOLOLOL

Really you and me would have a blast. Beleive it or not I can get into saws as much as anyone. I could probably point out a few things even you don't know...

Latest posts

Back