chains won't self feed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was it set to ........... 65 or 60 ?

Its all about the hook .................... happy it worked out for you

60*, which is the normal angle. Not sure the reason it's worked just fine for a couple years, but whatever, I've got better things to worry about!

Possible the wheel angle has changed maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thats what I am guessing too ..........

No way is the angle on the tooth pictured from an actual 60 deg.
Worn bushings probably made it closer to 65 deg

Its funny, you started this thread, asked for help, got lots of generous ideas, and now you have better things to worry about ?:wtf:

Consider the source, he likes to hear himself talk.

For someone who claims to both cut wood and work in a saw shop very basic knowledge is often lacking. Makes you wonder...

Ohhhh....the daggers are flying now. Hey Valley, just a quick little added note. I was given a suggestion some time ago that I found quite helpful. I bought myself a little jewelers loup for cheap off a popular "auction site". It's a little handheld high power magnifying glass used to look at jewelry stones, etc. Once I began to inspect my freshly sharpened saw teeth with it, I could see my sharpening mistakes and inconsistencies much clearer. End result.....chains that cut much better and stay sharp much longer. I was shocked when I saw how dull a freshly sharpened tooth could actually be even when it looked sharp to the naked eye. Biggest revelation was that even though the point "felt" razor sharp.... I had not ground it down to where the point was in the plane of the cutter top surface. By missing that detail, I was having the same problem you described.

It's amazing how much of a difference even a set of magnified safety glasses can help as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back