Chainsaw Garage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would this be worth while?

• Yes, the more chainsaws the better

Votes: 78 88.6%
  • No!!

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No.....because I don't like anything.

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
There are ways to control who views what. Viewability and access to forums can be contolled:

1. Certain forums are hidden, or access denied, from guests/non-members.
2. Forums that only contributing ($$) members can see and/or access.
3. Forums that can only be viewed once members reach a certain post count, but access is also controlled by administrators & moderators who review member's posts for quality of content.

Great! As Soon as I get back from Guido's, I'll have enough money to participate. Anybody want to buy everything?

And just how is that going to happen? Long Island contains 1401 square miles and almost 8 million people, am I going to go door to door in order to locate you so I can steal your saws?

If you think it is likely you will lose your saws, either do not participate or lock them up. This used to be a fun place to share information before the fear mongers doomsday advocates and conspiracy theorists took over....
Well said Guido.

If you don't want to share info, fell free not too. But there is no need to be a party pooper man.

And yes, I think the saw garage is a cool idea!

Great! As Soon as I get back from Guido's, I'll have enough money to participate. Anybody want to buy everything?

One small problem, once you locate me (which is not hard) you still need to locate my "stuff". As the proverbial saying goes, I did not stash all my eggs in one basket. I have items in all sorts of places (saws in three locations, vehicles in 5 locations, etc). Probably be a bit tough to track them all down, so I feel safe.

Plus, who wants a bunch of old rusty Studebakers and some junk saws? :D

i say go for it. i want to be able to see specifics on saws i may be interested in looking at.

Ok guys...the modification is a little much to do exactly what I wanted to do. I feel like I am going to give categories (like was originally was given to me and I changed) and if you want to add info about the saw there is a description area, I will have you guys fill it out. There is also a comments area too so I am sure people will ask questions too.
We are working hard on this today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Salvage View Post
I also have a dozen antique vehicles (plus 5 horse drawns) I can add to the list.

So...12 Fords and 5 Chevys?

Nope... I have three modern Ford's and no Chevy's. The list below was taken from my post in Johnnie's thread about hiding his new Cub Cadet from his wife.

My antiques:

1946 Studebaker M-16 fire truck (2349 original miles)
1948 Studebaker M-16 grain truck
1952 Studebaker 2R17A grain truck
1952 Packard 200 4 door sedan
1955 Studebaker E-38 grain truck
1957 Studebaker 3E-40 flatbed truck
1961 Studebaker 6E-28 grain truck
1962 Studebaker 7E-13D 4 wheel drive rack truck
1962 Studebaker GT Hawk 4 speed (my signature picture)
1964 Studebaker 8E-28 trailer toter
1964 Studebaker Avanti R2 (supercharged) 4 speed
1964 Studebaker Commander 4 door sedan

All of the horse drawn vehicles are Studebakers as well. Here are 3 of them:

1904buggy040.jpg

Surrey1.jpg

BGStudeWagon.jpg

Last edited:
Nope... I have three modern Ford's and no Chevy's. The list below was taken from my post in Johnnie's thread about hiding his new Cub Cadet from his wife.

My antiques:

1946 Studebaker M-16 fire truck (2349 original miles)
1948 Studebaker M-16 grain truck
1952 Studebaker 2R17A grain truck
1952 Packard 200 4 door sedan
1955 Studebaker E-38 grain truck
1957 Studebaker 3E-40 flatbed truck
1961 Studebaker 6E-28 grain truck
1962 Studebaker 7E-13D 4 wheel drive rack truck
1962 Studebaker GT Hawk 4 speed (my signature picture)
1964 Studebaker 8E-28 trailer toter
1964 Studebaker Avanti R2 (supercharged) 4 speed
1964 Studebaker Commander 4 door sedan

All of the horse drawn vehicles are Studebakers as well. Here are 3 of them:

That is awesome! I spent half my summers driving a '56 and a '66 Mercury grain truck. I really envy you that fire truck though!

Here is a picture of it:

46firetruck.jpg

This is a picture of the interior:

Bartssteeringwheels035.jpg

I also had a '49, but sold that a couple of years ago.

Tremclad022.jpg

My shop is across the tracks from the salvage yard. I am trying to break my habit of watching over there. There are currently THREE firetrucks headed for the crusher. Pitiful.

My shop is across the tracks from the salvage yard. I am trying to break my habit of watching over there. There are currently THREE firetrucks headed for the crusher. Pitiful.

Unfortunately, fire trucks do not command a high value unto themselves. The value is typically in removing the fire apparatus to get to a well maintained, low mileage cab and chassis.

Just to keep this chain saw related, here are some of my Poulans.

Poulanfamilyportrait004.jpg

I tried to put something in but fields are required, and there are no choices. I added Stihl now says a mod will add Stihl.

Can you save one for me? Also save and VW Cabriolets, Sciroccos, and such that have minimal body/engine damage. (salvagable)

Latest posts

Back