Chainsaw grinder stand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac B.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have only had my NT grinder for a couple of weeks, but needed a better place to put it. I looked at the scrap yard and found a old floor an with a pedestal base. I cut the top of the tube off where it tapers down to hold the fan and welded a 1/8" plate to the tube. then I just drilled the mounting holes and mounted the grinder. It telescopes up and down and is very stable with the round base. What do you all think??
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mac

Brilliant !!!
That's nice that the wife can lower it to a height she'll be comfortable at. ;)

Thanks for the good words about the stand. As far as the grinder goes I am very satisfied with it. Especially once you get used to it. It took me a little while trying and reading this site to get it good.

Mac

That would probebly work better than the one that came with my silvey swing arm. I'm going to modify mine probably so it will be more stable.

WOW thats my next stop too the telescoping part is great the one i have on my Silvey i'm looking about an inch lower than my eyes and hat it that high but thats good stuff right there:cheers:

Latest posts

Back