chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am by far a "know it all" I meant the bumpers..I value the opinions of members on this site That's why I joined...Yes it was the 33sl chain. I have a spare 4620 power head I am going to experiment with porting...for now I am going to leave the 5020 untouched..it does a good job

Welcome. Attitude gets you far on this site, most folks on this site know more about saws, trees, chain, and anything else related to chainsaws and trees than I will ever care to know, as you, I have been cutting firewood since I was a wee boy and have been working on chainsaws for a couple of years now, even have a few chainsaws laying around this dump, anyway the main point is if you need help with anything there are great minds here with all the answers unless you end up on the ignore list because you feel the need to defend yourself. Take the criticism with a grain of salt and be polite it will get you far here, some folks here started with nothing and have built quite a business with what they have learned here.

Insert pic of pile of saws.
Photo0488.jpg

As we all know a Pic will make every post that much better.

I see my 4900 hiding way back on the shelves, next to the box fan.:D

Welcome. Attitude gets you far on this site, most folks on this site know more about saws, trees, chain, and anything else related to chainsaws and trees than I will ever care to know, as you, I have been cutting firewood since I was a wee boy and have been working on chainsaws for a couple of years now, even have a few chainsaws laying around this dump, anyway the main point is if you need help with anything there are great minds here with all the answers unless you end up on the ignore list because you feel the need to defend yourself. Take the criticism with a grain of salt and be polite it will get you far here, some folks here started with nothing and have built quite a business with what they have learned here.

Photo0488.jpg

It would be fun to look around at the treasures in your shop.

I am by far a "know it all" I meant the bumpers..I value the opinions of members on this site That's why I joined...Yes it was the 33sl chain. I have a spare 4620 power head I am going to experiment with porting...for now I am going to leave the 5020 untouched..it does a good job
Here is the thread I made when I ported my 2775, starting with a 49cc engine that I eventually blew up, and then doing the 46cc engine I have in it now. It runs very well. It's also very loud - in an irritating high rpm drone sort of way.

I tried my very best with that 33SL - I got it sharp as razors with no safety bumpers at all, but it has low profile cutters and just does not take a big enough bite. The 20BPX beats it handily, and you can pick up a loop for the 4620 with a 20" bar in many local stores.

I'm impressed that you could see the box fan!!!!

Kindof like "Where's Waldo?"

I should update that pic, I have added a dozen or so saws, when the weather gets warmer it is all coming out and a new shelving system will be going in for saw storage, I also have a loft in there that will house labeled buckets of parts.

I did recently have to go to the er cause while splitting some mulberry with a maul a chunk blasted out and broke my tibula... who would have thought you could hurt yourself with a maul...not by hitting yourself with it!!!

I did recently have to go to the er cause while splitting some mulberry with a maul a chunk blasted out and broke my tibula... who would have thought you could hurt yourself with a maul...not by hitting yourself with it!!!

I don't wear a 10 inch insulated steel toe boot for kicks, been known to knock a shin with a chunk of wood on occasion while splitting by hand, also saved my shin from the back of a mag handle during a violent linear kickback, dadgum 8500 Poulan came out of that log with some speed.

Oh yeah:msp_razz::angry2::msp_w00t: i see you and me taking a little road trip soon little buddy:bowdown::help:

There's lots of folks north of us to go see Norm. Jim's WAY up in Washington. SlowP is there too (although farther south). Fraser is in Oregon, as is Farly9N (who's hoping to hose a GTG in June again). RandyMac is up in Crescent City (and the Samoa Cookhouse is about an hour south of him in Eureka).

Clear out your PM inbox and sent box Norm. You're full up again! Got an update for you regarding that damn little XL2 that belongs to your bud at work.

I would like to think that cutting as much wood as I cut for as long as I have been doing it I am a little more advanced than the typical homeowner that uses one to trim a rose bush

I don't think there's any rose pruners here.... Actually a lot of people with pro saws that will out cut your Poland (sic) saws.

I can't be bothered spec checking your saws, but are any 70+cc pulling 24"+ bars?

And in fact, trying those tricks on a bigger saw would give you a rude shock.... As they'd have the torque to really grab and kick...

I spy wif my wootle eye.....

Photo0488.jpg

not one but two husky 2100!!!!!1. HOARDER...HOARDER....HOOOOOORDERRRRR:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't wear a 10 inch insulated steel toe boot for kicks, been known to knock a shin with a chunk of wood on occasion while splitting by hand, also saved my shin from the back of a mag handle during a violent linear kickback, dadgum 8500 Poulan came out of that log with some speed.

I had that happen with my Partner R440T, quite the experience with a pre chainbrake 100cc beastie, full chisel round ground with the drags @ .030, throws osb board lookin chips with authority!!, and the saw too when you get the straight line kick back!

I spy wif my wootle eye.....

Photo0488.jpg

not one but two husky 2100!!!!!1. HOARDER...HOARDER....HOOOOOORDERRRRR:hmm3grin2orange:

You don't know the half of it. The best part is that Jim visits some scrap yards that are great black holes for big old magnesium saws. He's scored MANY of them for $.30/pound. Scrap yards around here only have roached Wild Things..............and/or just crush/recycle the 'good ones' without letting them go back out.:bang:

Photo0488.jpg

How did you get a picture of my living room???

Back