chainsaws vs. guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you rather

• Total voters
It's pretty obvious the OP just wanted to stir the pot, this thread will not die any time soon.:popcorn:

honestly, no, that was not my intent at all. Trap shooting is a hobby of mine I enjoy very much. I just enjoy chainsaws more, and was wondering where everyone else stood.

Last edited:
honestly, no, that was not my intent at all. Trap shooting is a hobby of mine I enjoy very much. I just enjoy chainsaws more, and was wondering where everyone else stood.

I bought a pheasant license last year, but didn't see a single bird.

One of my guns for a desirable saw? Possibly
My last gun for any saw? NEVER
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

what did you expect?! guns are "entertainment"!? anyone who would give up their guns for ANYTHING, should move to commie china. either you are a gov snitch looking for subversive posts so you can rat out those among us who would rather die than let the THUGS bust down our doors or you are a total fricking dishrag...

not to long ago, a CONSERVATIVE supreme court ruled that "freedom is not a thing of value." . dems fitin werds.....

Old darling, you are lucky you were talking to a peaceable man. I have some information for you and I would like you to mark it well and take notes if you need to. My name is Marko Tesla and I don't hide behind an avatar and neither does my brother Nik. Our father fled a communist police state for a chance to live a life in freedom and democracy in Canada. He grew up in a place where the secret police (udba), acting on information from informants, would take people at night to never be seen and heard from again. We don't like Communists and informants and we have personal reason not to - words have power and they should be used more responsibly when you don't quite know who you are dealing with. What Nik said may be fightin' words where you come from, but if you called my old dad an informant, the next day one of you would be up in front of a judge and the other would meet Jesus.

Old darling, you are lucky you were talking to a peaceable man. I have some information for you and I would like you to mark it well and take notes if you need to. My name is Marko Tesla and I don't hide behind an avatar and neither does my brother Nik. Our father fled a communist police state for a chance to live a life in freedom and democracy in Canada. He grew up in a place where the secret police (udba), acting on information from informants, would take people at night to never be seen and heard from again. We don't like Communists and informants and we have personal reason not to - words have power and they should be used more responsibly when you don't quite know who you are dealing with. What Nik said may be fightin' words where you come from, but if you called my old dad an informant, the next day one of you would be up in front of a judge and the other would meet Jesus.

or at the very least an "ambulamps driver"

I get your thread Nik...I also get more enjoyment out of my saws. I can gather meat, and defend my home w/ my bow, and heat my home w/ my saws so the guns would go.
Politically speaking for those that have sent this thread spinning out of control...guns aren't leaving while i'm still able to put up a fight.

I'm keeping my guns and the saws too. Nuff said.

I don't care so much about the saws, but you will never take my firearms away

I see this has turned into a gun debate, It's a good thing we all don't see everything alike. Nothing wrong with not wanting any guns around your house. I f you don't like guns that's fine Just don't be in the group that comes to take my guns, Would really piss me off in having to use more ammo than i have to.

Had to say give up the saws, for practical reasons only. If things get that bad there won't be any fuel available to run the saws anyway. Ammo stores well. Now, if I had to decide between guns and handsaws/axes, welllllll......:confused:

On the hobby side I would put my guns away and just use my bow for hunting and putting food on the table. On the political side... YOU CAN TAKE MY GUNS OUT OF MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!! I voted to keep the saws because i figured this was a hobby question, not a 2nd amendment question.:popcorn::)

Back