chainsaws vs. guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you rather

• Total voters
You can just shoot the tree stump until it falls. GUNS!

Al tho not everyone has one of them at there disposal. :)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QC8jnSaCqxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QC8jnSaCqxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Guns don't kill people,People kill people. I can kill someone with a hammer does that mean society should hate hammers? No.
Then what's the big deal?
Hammers are a lot cheaper and you don't have to load them. And they don't make that big BANG!
Oh....wait! That's right! You have to get someone to stand still right in front of you to get 'em with a hammer!.....or a knife.....or an axe......or a bat.......

And how else could a 12 year old kid drop a 25 year old straping young man? From 20 feet away? Tough to do with a hammer....easy to do with a Glock 22.

I'm not picking on you. but I have to make the point.

I like my gun too, but I look at it from a practical standpoint. If I have to choose, I chose the thing I use a lot, to make money and to maintain my property. Besides, my next door neighbour is a cop. I know that's not the point and I do understand the point.
I just don't feel the need to have a firearm at the ready. My saw, on the other hand....

Having said that, if the fed ordered everyone to turn in their guns, I don't know what I'd do.

Edit: I thought about it some more. If I had to chose because I was runnung out of room, I'd keep the saw. If I was given an ultimatum, I'd keep the gun.

Last edited:
I certainly didn't intend to turn this into a political, right to bear arms type debate. I have both saws and guns and my livelyhood has nothing to do with either. I don't even heat with wood and I'm too fat for a tree stand lol. My saws and my guns are toys. Their only purpose is my entertainment. As far as toys go, I'd rather keep all my saws than all my guns.

what did you expect?! guns are "entertainment"!? anyone who would give up their guns for ANYTHING, should move to commie china. either you are a gov snitch looking for subversive posts so you can rat out those among us who would rather die than let the THUGS bust down our doors or you are a total fricking dishrag...

not to long ago, a CONSERVATIVE supreme court ruled that "freedom is not a thing of value." . dems fitin werds.....

waco1.jpg

RubyRidge.gif

topics.htm_txt_eins.gif

topics1.jpg

http://www.saveourguns.com/topics.htm

http://www.saveourguns.com/raidcalif001.htm

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/drug-war-victim/

Cops, LOL!!!

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!!!!

In our case after 5 calls they are at best 20 minutes away sometimes longer.

Sam

Cops, LOL!!!

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!!!!

In our case after 5 calls they are at best 20 minutes away sometimes longer.

Sam

:agree2: Same here, my shotgun is at arms reach.... the police are 20 minutes away on a good day.

i don't fear criminals. my concern is jack-booted thugs busting down my doors. lots of innocent people have been murdered in their own home by gov thugs. just look at the links i posted above. donald scott was murdered by thugs intent on stealing his property to add to the adjacent state park. that don't happen none in Uhmerka, do it? it do and it continues......

Then what's the big deal?
Hammers are a lot cheaper and you don't have to load them. And they don't make that big BANG!
Oh....wait! That's right! You have to get someone to stand still right in front of you to get 'em with a hammer!.....or a knife.....or an axe......or a bat.......

And how else could a 12 year old kid drop a 25 year old straping young man? From 20 feet away? Tough to do with a hammer....easy to do with a Glock 22.

I'm not picking on you. but I have to make the point.

I like my gun too, but I look at it from a practical standpoint. If I have to choose, I chose the thing I use a lot, to make money and to maintain my property. Besides, my next door neighbour is a cop. I know that's not the point and I do understand the point.
I just don't feel the need to have a firearm at the ready. My saw, on the other hand....

Having said that, if the fed ordered everyone to turn in their guns, I don't know what I'd do.

Edit: I thought about it some more. If I had to chose because I was runnung out of room, I'd keep the saw. If I was given an ultimatum, I'd keep the gun.

I don't understand , what's the big deal? comment? I'm just saying people give firearms a bad rep because people kill each other with them. That same 12 year old could decide to get behind the wheel of a car and wipe someone out in the street shall we ban cars?

Last edited:
what did you expect?! guns are "entertainment"!? anyone who would give up their guns for ANYTHING, should move to commie china. either you are a gov snitch looking for subversive posts so you can rat out those among us who would rather die than let the THUGS bust down our doors or you are a total fricking dishrag...

not to long ago, a CONSERVATIVE supreme court ruled that "freedom is not a thing of value." . dems fitin werds.....

waco1.jpg

RubyRidge.gif

topics.htm_txt_eins.gif

topics1.jpg

http://www.saveourguns.com/topics.htm

http://www.saveourguns.com/raidcalif001.htm

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/drug-war-victim/

mechanism,

That right there was a totally unprovoked attack!!!!!
The kind that deserves neg rep and I'm debating with myself on whether to slam you or not.
You speculate as to what Nik "obviously" has to be, and it is clear that you don't know Nik at all.
I could rant and rave and attack you personally for the strong conviction you obviously hold for your guns but to what end?
I have as much determination to keep my guns as you but I wouldn't make personal attacks against those who don't feel as strongly as I.

I think you owe Nik an apology, and while you are at it you should make a serious apology to yourself for the disgraceful way you made yourself look to the rest of us.

Mike

I don't understand , what's the big deal? comment? I'm just saying people give firearms a bad rep because people kill each other with them. That same 12 year old could decide to get behind the wheel of a car and wipe someone out in the street shall we ban cars?

I'm not attacking you. I hear your argument a lot and I've thought about it.
What I meant was that saying a hammer is like a gun is to say that "I don't need my gun because I have a hammer and it can do the same thing". It doesn't really hold water.
People kill people, but guns make it really easy. Really REALLY easy.
Yeah a 12 year old could run someone down with mom's car but that would be more of an accident. Cars are dangerous but murder by car would be a tough one for a little kid. The circumstances would have to be just right.
With a gun though......See person, aim, and pull the trigger. Very easy, even for a kid. That's what guns are for. They are for killing (generalization, I know but for this arguments sake...)
Nothing on this planet makes it easier for one person to spontaneously kill another person, regardless of difference in strength or intelligence or experience or skill or age or gender or disability.
If you have a gun, you can kill anyone. Even the badest bad ass.

Why hasn't this thread been moved yet, by the way?

what did you expect?! guns are "entertainment"!? anyone who would give up their guns for ANYTHING, should move to commie china. either you are a gov snitch looking for subversive posts so you can rat out those among us who would rather die than let the THUGS bust down our doors or you are a total fricking dishrag... not to long ago, a CONSERVATIVE supreme court ruled that "freedom is not a thing of value." . dems fitin werds.....

I literally laughed so hard I actually peed a little. Well guess my cover's blown, time to find another place to find people to snitch on.

I'm not attacking you. I hear your argument a lot and I've thought about it.
What I meant was that saying a hammer is like a gun is to say that "I don't need my gun because I have a hammer and it can do the same thing". It doesn't really hold water.
People kill people, but guns make it really easy. Really REALLY easy.
Yeah a 12 year old could run someone down with mom's car but that would be more of an accident. Cars are dangerous but murder by car would be a tough one for a little kid. The circumstances would have to be just right.
With a gun though......See person, aim, and pull the trigger. Very easy, even for a kid. That's what guns are for. They are for killing (generalization, I know but for this arguments sake...)
Nothing on this planet makes it easier for one person to spontaneously kill another person, regardless of difference in strength or intelligence or experience or skill or age or gender or disability.
If you have a gun, you can kill anyone. Even the badest bad ass.

Why hasn't this thread been moved yet, by the way?

I guess I get what your saying it was a bad analogy to use, however the gun won't kill anyone or anything if it is not loaded, and not pointed at a person or animal, its totaly up to the individual with the posession of said gun to determine what outcome happens if the gun is loaded and the , trigger is pulled, accidents do happen but its not a guns fault, if a gun is left loaded and unatended and a kid gets hold of it and kills someone its the fault of the owner . That is why I posted guns don't kill people , People kill people. plain and simple including accidents. Do Ya get me.

Last edited:
Did you really think that this thread would go decent?
To answer the poll though I voted to keep my firearms, I just hope that i never have to choose.

I guess I'm an eternal optimist. I've been into firearms well over 40 years and got Nics' point from the get go. I see no reason too get so sanctimonious as some here have.

I guess I'm an eternal optimist. I've been into firearms well over 40 years and got Nics' point from the get go. I see no reason too get so sanctimonious as some here have.

Lol, I got the point too, but like you mentioned people on here have there own agenda, By the way I like your avatar, that's not a A-10 warthog gattl'in is it?

Did you really think that this thread would go decent?
To answer the poll though I voted to keep my firearms, I just hope that i never have to choose.

It's pretty obvious the OP just wanted to stir the pot, this thread will not die any time soon.:popcorn:

Back