chainsaws vs. guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you rather

• Total voters
Just need the right gun...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiCWrL6VjsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiCWrL6VjsY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's also Great in keeping the Mother-in-law away!

Anyone who would knowily give up their guns is simply immoral, in my book. That would be a travesty to this country, but that is how things are going.

My opinion,

Sam

This is a very interesting perspective, because the reality is that if people don't excersize their rights, than they weaken their ability to do so in the future and as a result weaken the right.

In Canada, we have never had a specific legislated and prescribed right, but the ownership and use of arms has always been a very important element of our shared culture and tradition. To a large degree, modern society has broken with tradition; some people actually believe that ideas like the 50 mile diet are new! They have, as the bard has said, forgotten the faces of their fathers. In this forgetfulness, the only exposure many Canadians have to arms are the arms that they see on the nightly news, and in movies. Unfortunatly the guns that are seen on television are not carried by those with reverence to tradition, they are carried by those who are up to no good.

That is why as a proud Canadian I feel it is important to own, and maintain arms reasonably and responsibly in compliance with law in order to bring new life to this tradition and see that gun ownership by honest men continues

Nik sorry to hijack the thread

Last edited:
This pic pretty much says it all.

attachment.php

GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLKjcOehW_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLKjcOehW_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You can blame the countries laws for that. More criminals there have guns (hand guns that is) than honest people. Remember, laws only affect those who abide by them.

:agree2::cheers:

Most rural living Canadians don't feel the same about guns as the city folk in areas say like Toronto do.

:agree2::cheers:

Most rural living Canadians don't feel the same about guns as the city folk in areas say like Toronto do.

Very true,if I lived in TO maybe I would have a gun ,but out here there's not even anything to hunt.:cheers: Anyway,sorry to hijack the thread Nik,i'm done.:spam:

The majority of people who don't like guns, have never used one, they probably never grew up around them and they only hear bad things about them over the tv or radio. Guns don't kill people,People kill people. I can kill someone with a hammer does that mean society should hate hammers? No.

My suggestion to anyone who owns guns, is that anytime you run across someone that is afraid of firearms, ask them if they would like to try shooting one for fun next time you go to a range or go hunting, educate them to the best of your knowledge about safe handling and show them that firearms can be fun and that shooting sports can be a rewarding sport and past time.:cheers:

Yes Nik, Sorry I did'nt mean to Hi-jack.

The above can also be said about chainsaws, always help a newbie understand how to properly use, maintain and handle a chainsaw as well.

Last edited:
I taught my wife how to shoot a 22 rifle and she knows how to use the springfield 40 if she had to. She wasn't raised around guns like I was. from the time I can remember there were guns in the house behind most doors and in all the closets. We never messed with them as we were told to leave them alone and we did. I'm going to try to get my daughter interested in them as soon as she gets a little older. 10 months is a little too small to be shooting. I would rather have means to defend myself and hunt for food if need be. I would say the saws would be a close second though as the guns can't provide heat.

Latest posts

Back