chainsaws vs. guns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you rather

• Total voters
I couldn't part with my 1924 Watson Bros.

Picture001.jpg

Nardoo

I taught my wife how to shoot a 22 rifle and she knows how to use the springfield 40 if she had to. She wasn't raised around guns like I was. from the time I can remember there were guns in the house behind most doors and in all the closets. We never messed with them as we were told to leave them alone and we did. I'm going to try to get my daughter interested in them as soon as she gets a little older. 10 months is a little too small to be shooting. I would rather have means to defend myself and hunt for food if need be. I would say the saws would be a close second though as the guns can't provide heat.

:clap: Right on!

I'd rather saw wood than shoot a gun but I think that gun ownership is more important than saw ownership.

The only time I shoot is right before deer season to make sure that my scope is still on. If I see a deer that I want it only takes one shot.

If ammo was cheaper I might shoot more but dang, shooting can be an expensive hobby even if you reload your own. My saws have more than paid for themselves

I am an avid hunter/outdoorsman. My first thought when I seen this thread was...... protection. I get most of my meat with my bow anyways. Its 3am your wife is sleeping next to you and your kids are in there rooms sleeping. You hear a noise and notice someone broke into your house...... what do you do without a gun? I will grab my 12 gauge loaded up with #1 buck and kill the sob. Then I will call the cops.

A gun mainly serves two purposes - "fun" and killing or threatening to injure or kill.
A chainsaw mainly makes little pieces of stuff from big pieces.

I don't run a chainsaw for "fun".
I'd rather use a chainsaw than a gun.
I'd rather need a chainsaw than a gun.

If I get in a situation that I need a gun I'd rather have a LAW.

Last edited:
I love my guns and I love my saws (remember, both are toys). My guns are for sport. If someone broke into my house, it'd be faster to just sit on 'em. By the time I unlock my gun safe. the trigger locks and the amo safe, my stereo would be long gone. My guns are not for protection, they're for fun. I just prefer my saws. I can run them in the backyard with my friends, have some beer and food later and it's all good. I doubt the neighbors would be keen on us unloading rifles and shotguns in the backyard. Not to mention my wife. Have a whole lot more $$ in my saws too....

A gun mainly serves two purposes - "fun" and killing or threatening to injure or kill.
A chainsaw mainly makes little pieces of stuff from big pieces.

I don't run a chainsaw for "fun".
I'd rather use a chainsaw than a gun.
I'd rather need a chainsaw than a gun.

If I get in a situation that I need a gun I'd rather have a LAW.

I assume you meant to type SAW instead of LAW?

Mike

I love my guns and I love my saws (remember, both are toys). My guns are for sport. If someone broke into my house, it'd be faster to just sit on 'em. By the time I unlock my gun safe. the trigger locks and the amo safe, my stereo would be long gone. My guns are not for protection, they're for fun. I just prefer my saws. I can run them in the backyard with my friends, have some beer and food later and it's all good. I doubt the neighbors would be keen on us unloading rifles and shotguns in the backyard. Not to mention my wife. Have a whole lot more $$ in my saws too....

:sucks::notrolls2::looser:

Quote ,If someone broke into my house, it'd be faster to just sit on 'em. By the time I unlock my gun safe. the trigger locks and the amo safe, my stereo would be long gone.

Nik, you should be a comedian, its funny but its true, about all the regulations for storing guns.LOL I've never met you but from what I read on this site you are a big SOB, I would like to be the Cop that answers the 911 call and see's you crushing the prick! Worst thing about it though they would probably charge you for assualt.:censored:

You should have started a poll where we all would have think LONG and Hard!

Like would you give up your Mistress or Your Dog!!

Calling the 'other' a dog is an insult to dogs everywhere..

Is that similar to 'the other of my children?'

, I just dont need one and I know nothing about them.

That statement applies to alot of things. (could apply to "Canadians") If we don't know something about a subject, we certainly don't think we need one.

FWIW I think there probably are alot of great Canadians, it just seems the politics in Canada are wierd, IMO. Give us two more years and that might apply here. :(

If I was in a bind and needed money, I would sell my saws first. I sure do like both though especially my AR I just finished.

Latest posts

Back