Chinese chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you use them a lot ?

Yes, I have done quite a bit of work with them - mostly dry Australian red gum and I haven't killed one yet. But, now I tend to use them as backup saws because I find myself using the 70cc+ saws for most of the work.

I know that Chinese chainsaws have their issues but have you seen their toys lately??

attachment.php

You got to remember what your buying here... A product coming from companies that have no R&D, no customor service, and no warranties. Your buying something that was produced without regard to copyright laws and patents. Not only that but these items are produced in sweatshops and through (basically) slave labor. When you buy brand name equipment you are paying for innovation and technology with a gaurantee. just something to think about.

You got to remember what your buying here... A product coming from companies that have no R&D, no customor service, and no warranties. Your buying something that was produced without regard to copyright laws and patents. Not only that but these items are produced in sweatshops and through (basically) slave labor. When you buy brand name equipment you are paying for innovation and technology with a gaurantee. just something to think about.

Thats why it will be so cool to see how long the Chicom saw lasts , I already know my Stihls will run for years so there is no drama .

I think you guys will be shocked with the quality that will come from china within the next 10-15 years.

Reminds me the days when everyone thought Japanese products were all inferior to American made. Look at them now... it's a shame they kind of priced themselves out of the market, but it's China's gain now. :givebeer:

To whom said it was a copy of the redmax saw... where does that particular Redmax saw come from? Heck, it could be that same manufacturer if it is from China ;)

I'm pretty sure the modern Homelite is made in China and The Modern McCulloch is made in Taiwan.

This sure appears to be the same saw, just wearing a blue color case for $129shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Max-0326...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1281407803&sr=8-1

I'd feel safer buying from Amazon that some unknown.

I'm begining to like the thought of having this as a loaner beater saw. I never loan out my Husky and the POS Poulans I use to loan are both toast now with less than 75 lbs compression.

Yes, these saws would make great loaner saws and that is one of the reasons i have mine.

I'm not sure who all sells these chinese saws in the US, but some kind of online retailer/dealer is really helpful. For example, one of the main sellers of these saws in Australia have their own brand name and they do all their selling over ebay but provide a warranty and full parts backup. They have also made a few of their own modifications to the saw. I inquired about the business a few months ago and the owner told me that he sells around 40 chainsaws a day and has had very few problems/returns so far. The seller has been on ebay for around 3 years now and has sold over 50000 chainsaws and other garden equipment so business can't be to bad for them. Warranty issues usually just involve him sending you a new replacement part at no charge which I thought was pretty good. Replacement parts are quite reasonable also - P & C kits for example are around $40.

So I guess there is a market out their for people who aren't to serious about chainsaws and don't really care if they are made in china.

We ran in to this a lot with the giant scale model plane engines. A lot of people can't afford the us made 50cc engines which at the time were fetching around $900 and you could get a chinese knock off for $395 and it ran and lasted just as good. I would rather support the us economy but even now a days there are a lot of so called us products that are made overseas but since they are assembled here they tag them as being made in the U.S.

Chinese saw update , its still going but I only use it occasionally as per my sig I am seriously thinking about leaving it out in the rain to see if it will actually start when wet , I was cutting up some building debris from my home renovation and hit a bucket lid with some wet tile mastic on it and got some nice splatter :cry: glad that was not one of my Stihls

I've got a few Chinese copies on their way at the moment. Two Husky 365XP's, a Stihl 066, and a Stihl 070.
As mentioned previously I think most people will be very very surprised at the quality of these saws and just how long they'll last too.

Probably like the days when 1,000 SKS rifles would set you back $35,000 in Shanghai, but the FFL holders were paying the distributors $85 plus shipping and the retail customers were paying $125.
Wouldn't it be nice to buy a brand new Norinco or Shanghai SKS for $125 now?

if they were still that price I would have a couple crates of them sitting around...:hmm3grin2orange:

Back