Circular Saw Attachment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MapleTrees

Reaction score
I was told that there were circular saw attachments made years ago for the Stihl 260. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

I've seen lots of attachments to turn circular saws into makeshift chainsaws...but I've only ever seen a few home made chainsaw into circular saw attachments.

Why do you need this particular situation anyway?

I've seen lots of attachments to turn circular saws into makeshift chainsaws...but I've only ever seen a few home made chainsaw into circular saw attachments.

Why do you need this particular situation anyway?
I used to have a Homelite XL circular saw for remote work and I really enjoyed using it. It was stolen a couple years back. I love the 260 platform, so if that attachment could be sourced would be a win for me.

Newer ones have the 193 plastic saw on them. One FS around me for 3ish. But if it had the better saws like when they used 026 then worth it.

Used to sell them new for 8ish with 193 and up with different size cut. Try calling or looking up cooper saws.

Attachments

• s026saw.jpg
    s026saw.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
  • s026saww.jpg
    s026saww.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1
Newer ones have the 193 plastic saw on them. One FS around me for 3ish. But if it had the better saws like when they used 026 then worth it.

Used to sell them new for 8ish with 193 and up with different size cut. Try calling or looking up cooper saws.

Hello Kevin , do you remember what rpm that 193 would run with a circle saw blade ?

Thanks. I called Cooper but they said they don’t make them because it requires electricity. Where did you find those photos? I’d love to buy one of those 026s.

Thanks. I called Cooper but they said they don’t make them because it requires electricity. Where did you find those photos? I’d love to buy one of those 026s.
Dont sound like same place I read about many years ago.

You furnish the saw and they add it to their circular saw.

Gas Powered Circular Saw, Andrew Stoltzfus, Cooper Saws, 245 Cooper Dr., Kirkwood, Penn. 17536 (ph 717 529-6155).

We basically remove the electric motor from a DeWalt DW364 circular saw and then make the gearbox to get the right speed ratios,” says Stoltzfus. “As a result, our gas-powered circular saw weighs only 7 oz. more than the electric-operated models.”

Attachments

• scirccc.jpg
    scirccc.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
That suks of them doing that. Heck use another brand.

“The customer typically purchases a new chainsaw and we convert it at their request, or we can convert a chainsaw that you already own. The conversion is only available for specific chainsaw models, which can be obtained by calling Cooper Saws, and involves modifying the engine so it can be adapted to our gearbox. After the conversion we provide a new warranty for the saw.”
The turn-around time for the saw conversion is usually 2 weeks.

Attachments

• scircccc.jpg
    scircccc.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back