Confused about Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Old Dolmar distributor's tell me Im a Solo Dealer as well its just we sell many many more Dolmar's than the solos

Scott

Awwww ok. How many them Dolmars ya sell a year verses the Solo's? I was wondering about that 681, it looks alot like a 7900. That mody fied one ya got, hows she run??

Awwww ok. How many them Dolmars ya sell a year verses the Solo's? I was wondering about that 681, it looks alot like a 7900. That mody fied one ya got, hows she run??

100-1 ratio is that to lean LOL,,,, maybe more like 200-1

The EHP681 runs good but I like the EHP7900 better. The Dolmar antivibe feels better to me and I might be a wee bit partial to the Dolmar's anyway Eh...

Scott

100-1 ratio is that to lean LOL,,,, maybe more like 200-1

The EHP681 runs good but I like the EHP7900 better. The Dolmar antivibe feels better to me and I might be a wee bit partial to the Dolmar's anyway Eh...

Scott

Wow, sounds like the Solo is lagging way behind there. Stick with the Dolmars!!!

I asked the dolmar dealer what saw he had in stock and he said a 420 for $299 which seemed reasonable, but thats not the saw i'm interested in...

I'll say that's reasonable. My local, official, authorized, can't sell over state lines, can't sell to anyone via mail order dealer carries "0" [zero] Dolmar saws in stock. Kind of makes me wonder what would happen if I needed parts.
"We can order whatever you want..." the man says. Well, if I can't hold it in my hand, how do I know I want it?
When I went in to buy a PS420, money in hand, he couldn't even let me see one, of course. So I asked the price. $349. was his reply after consulting the good book and tickling the calculator.
So I asked, "Are you sure? I've been hearing prices closer to $300. Can't you do any better?"
"We-e-l-l-l," he says, "I won't charge you shipping, but I will charge the sales tax."
Won't charge me shipping? If I bought any brand of saw off the shelf at a dealership, would they charge me shipping ($15) on top of the price on the tag?
I don't THINK so!

So I called the next nearest dealer who was twenty miles away and told him exactly what I wanted. He never called back.

So much for buying through a dealer network.

Last edited:
Need to be more creative...

To the orig. poster... how come two trips? Can't you just call him, (deposit via cc if required) and have him call back when it all comes in?

So I called the next nearest dealer who was twenty miles away and told him exactly what I wanted. He never called back.

So much for buying through a dealer network.

Same experience I've had. The three dolmar "dealers" closest to my house don't stock a thing. One of them didn't even know what a 6400, 7300, or 7900 was. And one told me they weren't even a dealer and hadn't been in 5-8 years.

That alone is the only reason I don't have a 7900 in my collection. If i had a great local dealer like my stihl dealers I WOULD have a 7900 or two in my collection.

So everyone know,s makita owns Dolmar. I do not understand why they will not let dolmar sell over the Internet . they our only hurting them self. but the 7900 is a great saw 6.4 Hp I have seen the 7900 on ebay for $649.00. I just purchased big blue 6401 new in the box $399.00 upgrade P&C $185.00 and it really is simple. but I have heard so many bad stories about dealer support if you can handle basic tools you can do your own . but I can not understand the logic behind dealer support. good luck with what ever saw you get .I love them all some better than others. Bill:greenchainsaw:

So everyone know,s makita owns Dolmar. I do not understand why they will not let dolmar sell over the Internet . they our only hurting them self. but the 7900 is a great saw 6.4 Hp I have seen the 7900 on ebay for $649.00. I just purchased big blue 6401 new in the box $399.00 upgrade P&C $185.00 and it really is simple. but I have heard so many bad stories about dealer support if you can handle basic tools you can do your own . but I can not understand the logic behind dealer support. good luck with what ever saw you get .I love them all some better than others. Bill:greenchainsaw:

We have a good dealer here. Haven't tried out the Dolmar 7900, but will soon! I'll also put my name on one too. :clap:

Nothing wrong with the 681. The anti-vibe is a little soft, but I'm pretty sure the AV's from a 7900 will fit (I'm going to have to try it to make sure).
I've got 2 7900's, and a 681 but for work I still prefer the 372 just because I like the way it feels. They are all good saw's though.

Andy

When i bought my Dolmar a few months ago there were 2 dealers about 50 miles away. Only one answered his phone. I bought my saw from him.
Just checked the Dolmar dealer locater map again. They are both gone and the nearest are now around 100 miles away. Hope i never need service.

Last edited:
Dolmar is improving it's marketing there sales are way up and they have picked up dealers! However quality dealers are hard to come by! Just like it is for all the others! However Dolmar in time will and should be much better because of the way they are trying to find quality dealers instead of putting them in at ever corner like some of there competitors have done!

To me,

The few sponsoring Dolmar dealers on this site.. Are all missing great opportunities to be selling slightly demonstrated dolmar saws.
Or is Dolmar so idiotic minded that they do not want you to be able to make a sell?
Face it boys, if they can not buy local.. They are going to buy another brand.

However Dolmar in time will and should be much better because of the way they are trying to find quality dealers instead of putting them in at ever corner like some of there competitors have done!

Just who are those quality dealers that Dolmar will add??

Almost all the small OPE dealers are aligned with Stihl. JD stores are also aligned with Stihl. Husqvarna has what's left including most of the retail farm stores along with some big box stores and rental yards.

I just don't see who's left for Dolmar to sign up? I really doubt Stihl dealers are going to give up on Stihl to go Dolmar and I also don't see too many new OPE startups.

The Makita brand should be sold on the internet (ex: Baileys) and Dolmar should be B&M. However every saw in the lineup should come branded as both Makita and Dolmar. Keeping two seperate brands would minimize channel conflict.

Dolmar's marketing is a joke.

So I called the closest Dolmar dealer and asked him what the price was for a 7900 and he put me on hold for 4-5 min. came back and said that dolmar changed them around so often I would have to call dolmar, but I can't find the contact info for dolmar as it says on the dolmar website:

"DOLMAR offers their products worldwide through a selected network of specialized dealers. To ensure best sales and aftermarket service we do not sell directly to endusers."

I asked the dolmar dealer what saw he had in stock and he said a 420 for $299 which seemed reasonable, but thats not the saw i'm interested in...

So should I just call the dealer back and tell him dolmar said for him to sell me the 7900 for 2 bucks??? :chainsaw: :dizzy:

??????????????

I'm sending you a PM...

Just who are those quality dealers that Dolmar will add??

In my case, it was a retired Husky dealer who sold his large OPE shop about ten years ago, got bored, and then opened a Dolmar dealership in a shed next to his house five years ago. He built the biggest local OPE shop from scratch in his younger days because he's a good dealer, and he runs a good small shop now.

I wouldn't own my Dolmar if it wasn't for him.

I have a brand new Dolmar 7900w with a 3/4 wrap handle. PM me if interested.

No. Read Treeslingrs post again. He knows saws and he's a straight shooter. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a saw from him.

yep, TreeSling'r's saw will give you more bang for your buck... more than stock. you got the better end of the deal with him.

I Bought My Dolmar Last Week From My "local" Dealer, He Is About 15 Miles Away.
He Knows Me By Name. I Have Been Going To Him Since I Was A Kid, For Motorbike And Sled Parts. He Was Selling Dolmars Before Makita Bought Them Out, He Said He Couldn't Sell Makitas, Nobody Around Wanted Them. So He Got His Stihl Dealership, He Now Sells Dolmars Again Along With Shinny,s And Echos.
Best Service I Have Ever Had At A Repair Shop.

Stihl 017
Dolmar 7300 ( Love It )

Just who are those quality dealers that Dolmar will add

Dolmar's marketing is a joke.
:buttkick:
Well I ,m not understanding It either but my makita 6401 is a very well built dolmar that makita bought in the early 1990,s so after say 16 years when exactly will they learn to market the product? homedpot has it in there tool rental and they do not just buy a saw and hope it works. I have talked to them and they say that it is one tuff saw. because the get some real knuckle heads in there department. They do the basic maintenance and say after a year or two they sell them. If they get to many hands in the market we will see the price go up. But there must be a middle ground some where. :dizzy:

Back