couple of 7900 pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been looking into a new saw was thinking about the husky 385xp but I learned the 7900 has the same power rating and weighs a lot less. I am wondering how you like your 7900? One big factor in my decision is finding a local dealer to buy from.

JT,I am really impressed by the 7900,tons of power and a nice broad powerband,if you have a dealer around check it out.

thanks for the kind words wdchuck,this is my favorite time of year around here,no humidity and in the low 60's,perfect cutting weather.

Last edited:
i'm impressed, more for the fact your dad is wearing all the ppe, which believe it or not most yahoo's don't. i use the tractor and log tons also to get the log up to a good comfortable bucking height

What's the meaning of wearing all the PPE if you don't use it ?
Look again at the ear caps and visor.

Look again Peter,,,,,

What's the meaning of wearing all the PPE if you don't use it ?
Look again at the ear caps and visor.

Hes OLD!!!!! hearing already shot,,,, visor well I have to agree, not used properly,,,,but he is cutting on a wood pile,,, pretty controlled environment and not out in the brush with brambles and briars slinging all over the place!!!!
But on the plus side,,,, the chaps are good and gloves as well!!! :givebeer:

Last edited:
Couldnt get the link to work so I went to the dolmar website and and did the mapsearch there is a dealer about 30 miles away. Thanks for the help.

Couldnt get the link to work so I went to the dolmar website and and did the mapsearch there is a dealer about 30 miles away. Thanks for the help.

Amick's is in Asheboro. They have Dolmar, Husky and Stihl. Top notch guys too! PM me if you want the website......

hey Peter look again he has safety glasses on and yeah those hearing protectors are about 40 years late,his hearing is shot from the Mac and Homelite days.
he used the saw for 2 cuts just to try out the saw,laughed like heck about the power and revs and gave it back to me.

Yeah. He's got glasses, and those visors make me go cross-eyed, so it's a hell of a lot safer for me to not use one. I've run saw for thousands of hours in all kinds of brush, and only occaisionally get hit in the face with something. Not that big of a deal, it's only a flesh wound. Eyes are protected, I can survive taking a hit from something the visor would succesfully protect me from.

my dad doesn't spend much time doing heavy cutting anymore,he does use the little cub cadet 45cc I have,it lets him still help out and not miss out on the fun.
I figured I would take a pic of him using the 7900,as he said"too much saw for me" but he sure did like running that Dolmar!!

Latest posts

Back