Craftsman Chainsaw 40cc max RPM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Trying to help out my brother in law (his saw-not mine) and he's gonna kill this saw real soon. Anyways, its a Model 358.350810, 40cc saw. Can anyone tell me the idle and MAX rpms for this saw, so I can give it chance of running right. Max rpm number is the most important and I don't trust my ear or the saw - yup I've got the tach to do it.
Help please.

On a side note, I can't believe how cheaply(crappy) this saw is built. Saw is a year old.:bang:

Please don't beat me up too bad-I am trying to sell him my backup 290 - for his own good - of course.

Last edited:
almost

the Husky specs for the 136 and 141 are idling 3k and wot at 13k. I think I would creep up from 12 - 12.5k but I would think the should be the same I have never seen the poulan or craftsman specs as they are not as liberal with the info as husky. Above all open up the muffler and take everything inside and throw it away.

I had a 42cc poulan pro and it would pull about 9800 in the wood after the muffler mod and tweaking in the carb.

Buck

Buck, you're not kidding about Craftsman hiding info-spent an hour searching the web before I posted here.

Andy, I'd love to just throw it out for him, but that's just not gonna happen. 18,000 - you are a very devious person. :ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back