CRUNCH a few trees vs cars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gum squash

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmm dont think that,ll just buff out.

Car damage from late October storm here in NE

Pic of neighbors car after October storm this year. Too much damage too the roof/glass and the car was totaled

210944d1323634983-dscf3623sm-jpg

Last edited:
Just proves a theory that I've had. Cars are not built to withstand trees falling on them.

I wish I took a picture of a few downed trees in my neighborhood after a bad sheer wind storm this past May. One neighbor had their minivan buried/nearly completed smashed when a large elm blew over. Another had a 3.5 ft DBH red oak blown over. Just missed their house. That was a beautiful tree too. :msp_sad:
I luckily did not have anything substantial break.

After a local windstorm a month ago. Massive, rotten, silver maple vs Toyota camry. About 2 miles from my house.

From Tropical Storm Irene last year-luckily only damage was the gutter on the house. Meanwhile every house on the opposite side of the street had their el masts ripped off their houses

news just in busy city street but no one hurt

Huge tree flattens cars Huge tree flattens cars after narrowly missing playground in exclusive London square | Mail Online

A spokesman for Kensington and Chelsea Royal Borough council said no one has suffered any injuries as a result of the incident at around 2.30pm.

I had a car park Poplar do same thing some years back missed every thing & very happy about that as the tree was on short list to go just awaiting the higher risk budget que in front

Tree looked stressed by it sucker growth and spring in UK with wet earth & decayed roots let go

attachment.php

Here's one we did last year, or maybe the year before.

Big Euc, the fence in the background is a newly built electrical substation. Turned out when they dug the site out, they cut every root off, the tree was on the fenceline. They lowered the soil level significantly too. No real surprise that she came down in the next storm. Pancaked that car, a shed, a few fences, a satellite dish and lesser damage to a second car. Last I heard the council had taken the sub contractors to court over it. We got paid by the neighbouring property's insurance co.

Shaun

Back