Did i score? or was this a strikeout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimbojango

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
So i was at menards walking around, they have an efco 3500 sitting on the shelf regular priced $249... its red tagged to 149 and i'm sorta drooling, find someone and get the box and its a 38cc saw, 2 HP and in the display box there is a bar and chain besides the one on it. I ask if it all goes together and he says "yup" so I call the wifey, beg, get told FINE!

So i have 2 16" bars, 1 semi chisel 16" chain and 1 full chisel 16" chain, and 1 efco PH. Was this a steal, a deal or was a i retard and need to be slapped around?

By the way, bought this saw for a guy that cuts wood with me because he's 60+ and is always whining about "heavy" saws and i won't let him run my 261 or my 441 because he likes to put MY bars into the dirt. I figure the saw will do some limbing and brush clearing from my tops once i decide the firewood is pretty much done. I know the stihl is better, but i know the stihl is $579 as well lol.

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Hey, I am 60+ and can whine about heavy saws..dang 394 weighs about as much as me...where is my stunt double....

hehehe

ya, sounds like a deal to me, bet he likes it.

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Hey, I am 60+ and can whine about heavy saws..dang 394 weighs about as much as me...where is my stunt double....

hehehe

ya, sounds like a deal to me, bet he likes it.

Well, I'm a mere 55 but every time I spike up a tree I say to myself, "self, you're getting too old for this." So I look around and no one else to do the climbing so I continue on.

jimbojango

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
Nice little saw. The old stock are made in Italy, the new ones are made in China. Not sure if it makes a difference if built to specification. My little 38cc Earthquakes are a hoot, made in China with probably similar performance. I have seen the Efco 3500's at Menards on clearance for $129 but have resisted them because I have a pile of earthquakes. I had a 156 and have a 152 that I like a lot. Congrats, nice saw. I am 64 with some worn out and replaced parts. I like running the lightweight saws. With some minor tuning they can run like a much larger tool. This 22"+ ash was entirely cut with a 38cc Quake
View attachment 332403

Mine is an Italian, says on the saw and the box and the manual. so i think we're good

Latest posts