Disappointed with my Husky dealer....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I know exactly what I want, and I won't be talked into a less expensive saw. I just want the lowest price, no matter if I wanted a 450e or a 3120.

When I bought my 359 from the Husky dealer last week the salesman wouldn't lower the price for me at all when I was talking to them on the phone so I went in and seen the owner and he dropped the price by $75 and sold the 359 to me for $475. So yeah, I would go see the owner and see what he might be able to do.. Good luck!

AOD, what dealer do you go to? I called Corner sales a while ago and asked for the price on a 346 and he said he never heard of a 346. I asked him to check his book, then he got me a price. Some dealer to not know the saws you carry.

Well, I know exactly what I want, and I won't be talked into a less expensive saw. I just want the lowest price, no matter if I wanted a 450e or a 3120.
That is the reason I gave up trying to make a living selling saws or any other outdoor power equipment. There are not great margins in a $400 saw or even a $1000 saw.
If you find a dealer who knows his $hit and is looking after his customers, be fair with him. He has to pay the rent, salaries and eat too. He will also be there when you need service. You want to shop strictly on price, go to Lowes or LoCost Louie's Pawnshop and Saw Emporium and take your lumps.
Just my rant

That is the reason I gave up trying to make a living selling saws or any other outdoor power equipment. There are not great margins in a $400 saw or even a $1000 saw.
If you find a dealer who knows his $hit and is looking after his customers, be fair with him. He has to pay the rent, salaries and eat too. He will also be there when you need service. You want to shop strictly on price, go to Lowes or LoCost Louie's Pawnshop and Saw Emporium and take your lumps.
Just my rant

It depends on what you consider a "good margin".? Your making about 150 bucks per pro saw you sell. I'm sorry but I'm not paying a penny extra for a saw just because I feel like being humanitarian and caring by thinking; oh I think I'll do the right thing and pay full msrp because my dealer has kids and a family to feed":bang: give me a break!

AOD keep shopping around you'll find a stellar good deal. You got your ownself to take care of so you need to find a dealer who will give you the lowest price. It is what makes capitalism so great....all the different options available to the consumer allowing him to find a better price because of friendly competition.

AOD, what dealer do you go to? I called Corner sales a while ago and asked for the price on a 346 and he said he never heard of a 346. I asked him to check his book, then he got me a price. Some dealer to not know the saws you carry.

CDR Equipment on Chicago Drive in Holland, technically the "grey area" between H-land and Z-land. They're a big Snapper/Simplicity dealer and tool rental place.

I was there today and talked to Curt, the owner and the guy that sold me my 575. He said the price he has on it is about as good as it's gonna get, and he will check with his supplier and see if there's any non-cat ones still floating around. He's also selling me a Power Box at cost, which is sweet! I'll probably go with him, because I might need him to work on something or get me a part at the last min and I like to support my local dealer.

CDR Equipment on Chicago Drive in Holland, technically the "grey area" between H-land and Z-land. They're a big Snapper/Simplicity dealer and tool rental place.

I was there today and talked to Curt, the owner and the guy that sold me my 575. He said the price he has on it is about as good as it's gonna get, and he will check with his supplier and see if there's any non-cat ones still floating around. He's also selling me a Power Box at cost, which is sweet! I'll probably go with him, because I might need him to work on something or get me a part at the last min and I like to support my local dealer.

I didnt know CDR sold chainsaws. Do they have a pretty good lineup of chains and other stuff?

Okay, so I like a deal as much as the next guy, but if I want to buy a saw I am not going to drive all over hell to find the best deal and "save" 20 or 30 bucks. By the time you figure in the gas, and the time you spent driving around it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Even with gas prices low, it can't be cost effective to drive around town price shopping to save a little bit of money. There is no way you are going to save $100 between shops on a 346.

I didnt know CDR sold chainsaws. Do they have a pretty good lineup of chains and other stuff?

They have a decent selection of bars and accessories, and I think they can make you a chain if you want, but Bailey's would be cheaper for bars, a 32" bar for my 395 there was like $70!

Back