Do you drink beer while working on your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally only get to work on my saws late at night, when I'm finished with everythng else. Therefore, my choice of beverages must include consideration for it's "fast acting" properties. Johnnie Walker Red is just about right, though I'm sure the neighbor's are appalled at my radio accompaniment.

Occasionally, the wife will come out to the shop and check on me.... She is absolutely astounded at the amount of fun I have out there all by myself. It's totally a one-man party. She either thinks it's terribly sad or she's jealous, I can't tell which!

Great thread, BTW. Rep for you, TS!!

Last edited:
i find that empty High Life and PBR cans, with the tops butchered off make excellent fastener and parts holders . . . i just feel obligated to empty cans in order to create organized storage, really :jester: i don't enjoy the beer at all, but a full can does not hold fasteners.

The other night we had our year-end North Zone Faller party, and I drank lot's of Corona w/lime. My head hurt badly the next morning.
I did win a new Nimrod pack system with water bladder and hose though.

I don't know what to say! Corona with lime is the drink of... um... those whose wrists aren't stromg enough to hold a saw. They can only hold a... ya know. I guess living north of SFO the rules must change.

Last edited:
I don't know what to say! Corona with lime is the drink of... um... those whose wrists aren't stromg enough to hold a saw. They can only a... ya komow. I guess living north of SFO the rules must change.

Dooes my aishh look fat in these pants (my best hair lip/extremly gay voice)?

I like to get good and chitfaced before I touch one. Puke and slobbers in the gas seems to make them run better. Besides if Im working on one and can see two it makes it more interesting. Its fun to sling them over my head when I fall down too.

Normally Alaskan Amber, but I have some beer in the shop fridge from friends for fixing saws, and to be honest I am getting a little chunky here latley.
Working in the shop is great, but I gotta get back into shape.

You'd be shocked how much easier it is with nada brewskie's. I cut last year at around 205-210, and this year between 185-187 after stopping in February. I still eat icecream every night (too late) and still stay in better shape. I drank way, way too much though. Now I feel light and ready to go every morning. I still do miss beer after work, it's pretty hard to be beat. I just abused my time with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back