Does Husqvarna have an equivalent to Stihl's 026?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777funk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Strictly from a performance to weight ratio? I happen to like the 026 and have been curious about the Husky 51 but just read that it's no where near the performance.

If you are talking same kind of early 1990's vintage- Husqvarna had the 51, 246 and 254 that might be compared to the 026.
In my opinion, the 346 and 353 should take the 026's lunch money and laugh whilst doing so.
Every day of the week. Had one of each. Kept the 346xp and gave the 026 to my dad. Not that either are bad saws, and I really liked them both.

No…

But if you don’t believe me remember, as soon as you enter lowes, have them page them kid with the saw key to unlock them so you can check….lol

I love the handling of an 024 Super with a 16 inch bar.The 026 pro I own with the 18 inch bar feels quite different. My 353 (16) feels similar to the 026 . A 350 with a 346 top end (16) feels really good as it screams the loudest with a very usable powerband. A plain 350 (open port) cuts surprisingly well also. They all run very acceptably.

Strictly from a performance to weight ratio? I happen to like the 026 and have been curious about the Husky 51 but just read that it's no where near the performance.
The 346XP will out perform an 026. I have had several of both saws. The 346XP was my favorite firewood saw.

Yeah, the 346xp is a curiosity now - top of the class, rare and still expensive when worn out.
The 026 is out of date, lots of them out there and you can get it cheap if you make a proper deal.
If you have a choice you are the winner...

Remember that the 026 PRO has more grunt than a typical 026 and even came with a decomp valve to ease starting. It also ran another $60 or so higher in price.
View attachment 993524
I added the outside bumper spike.

Where is this "extra grunt" hiding?
I was always of the belief the 026 "PRO" had not much more than an adjustable oiler, decomp and additional PRO sticker?

No, of course not! Husky has no saws equivalent to any Stihl....:cool: :happybanana:

Now for the truth.... I have both an 026 and a bunch of husky 346 / 353 saws, I really try to like the 026, but when I wanna cut something I always grab the huskies, the 026 has way more low end torque, but the huskies cut faster, and I think they have better handling and av, but I think they are also heavier than the 026.

All my Stihl saws start better than my huskies, and some of the Stihls seem to be just about indestructible.

I was always of the belief the 026 "PRO" had not much more than an adjustable oiler, decomp and additional PRO sticker?
You are right Bob. I mixed it up with the MS260. According to the official Stihl website, the MS 260 Pro chainsaws have engine displacements of 50.2cc, or approximately 3.06 cubic inches. However, as the outdoors equipment resource website Southwest Trading notes, the older 026 models have engine displacements of 48.7cc, or approximately 2.97 cubic inches. In my own defense, it seems like my 026 PRO is stronger than any 026 that I have worked on in my shop. Maybe mine has more compression due to lack of use.

YOU Answered yer own QUESTION. THE STICKER KICKS IN WHEN THE CHIPS r Slowing down.
Like Pinstriping on a NEW TRUCK.

So the extra rpm of the Husky 346 is better than a 026 because it is twice cost when its absolutely worn out.. ?
I will sell you a completely worn out saw that is absolutely out of date for twice the cost it was new ?
And you should do this instead of buying a brand new MS261 or a Husky 550XP because... ?

Im just thinking, if you want to spend your money on an outdated worn out saw| that is surely going to need a full overhaul at a considerable expense to be a reliable saw... why you do that ? :dumb:

Back