Dolmar 5100S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1legwoodchopper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My old 028 WB is sick and the shop was talking about too much $ to fix the old boy. Maybe later, I don't know. Love that saw but the occasion offered the chance and I just finished cutting with my brand spanking new 5100S.

I asked the shop about them running too lean at the factory set up and he tells me they have fixed that issue. So, I sprung for $349 price and so far so good. She starts easy, runs pretty smooth, and cuts real well. Nice and light. I like this thing so far.

Any more advice with the Dolmars? I have been a Stihl man through and through but the 260Pro was $519 with a 18" bar. $349 really caught my eye!My only beef is that I have to get a few loops since my stihls run .063 and this thing is .050.

Seriously, I'll take any advice ya'll got. My 038 Mag will do the big stuff and the rest, read bulk, of the work will be with the Dolmar. All of the posts helped guide my decision and after a few hours work today with it I am enjoying this baby so far.

Thanks,
1leg

You got a good price. I paid $420 for mine in Tennessee about 6 months ago. I bought my first Sachs Dolmar 112 about 1986 and have never run anything but Dolmar since. I put the 5100 on 32:1 oil mix for the first 10 tanks.
I run a 16 inch Oregon bar with 60 drag links of Stihl 33RSC, and it cuts fast.

That spring mounted anti vibe has about got me spoiled. Just so smooth...:greenchainsaw:

Mine was $395 here. I absolutly love it. About half way through the first tank of gas it perked up, and on about the 4th tank it got mean. I cut wood, just general use for the first tank. Then I put on an old junk bar and chain and had at a junk Frestone radial 30.5X32 combine tire, a verry steady and hard load on the saw for a long time. Cutting tires is about like milling only much hotter, dirty and verry smokey. Good way to turn a bar blue.

Latest posts

Back