Dolmar (my work saw) all cleaned up, pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang,some of y'all should open a saw detailing shop. It would take a box of qtips to get mine that clean.

I had the blue version of the 540. I liked and thought it compared well with an 026, being a little heavier and having it power a bit lower in the rev band. I would grab one in a minute if I needed a 50cc saw and there was no such thing as a 346.

attachment.php

They are nice little saws Joe. Mine is all anemic and has gone yellow. Still runs all right though.

P4140759-2.jpg

Al.

I Too Have a Blue-Bloded Cousin

Not sure how related my DCS 520 is to your Dolmar but from the exterior it looks very similar. I completely agree, they are easy to work on and are very dependable saws. The DCS 520 was my first new saw back in the late 90's and I still run it hard today.

No dealer by me so I get my parts by calling Makita directly.

Mine sports a 20", 3/8 in .50. It really does not have the power to pull the 20" but I enjoy the extra reach as I use it for hinge-cutting and other habitat work.

I'll try to imbed the pictures, though being a newbie I have not quite mastered it yet.

Cleaned up nice Joe,

My first "real" saw was a 5100 it is still one of my favorites. Like most people we had never heard of Dolmar, but that little booger impressed all my wood cutting buds with it's speed and power.

6 years latter my collection is 85% Dolmar (Sachs Dolmar), so they have found a place in my heart fo' sure.

Easy to work on, well engineered run like snot, they just look like a saw should.

I need to get out to the shed and get some pics of my go to saw. Don't think I ever posted a pic of it because it's not real pretty. It is however quite unique, 120si with a full wrap. Got that and another in a box O' parts from the West coast (cheap)

My uncle who died April before last was a Ret. LT. Colonel Army and a dentist for forty years. He always burned wood and could buy anything he wanted. He read consumer reports constantly, piqued dealers brains relentlessly and he owned a Sachs-Dolmar chainsaw--a big sun of a gun it had a crude fuel injecton deal on it.

I also have a bigger brother to my Dolmar 111i. It is a 1997 6000iH. It is all original with nothing ever done to it. The original owner just used it for firewood. He traded it in on a all red 6400. It sat used at the dealer for almost a year before I bought it. At first glance it seems rather heavy for a 60cc chainsaw but to use it is another story. It is a pleasure to cut with.

6000idolmar003.jpg

6000idolmar005.jpg

6000idolmar004.jpg

6000idolmar001.jpg

6000idolmar002.jpg

what is the toggle on the side for????

I thought I knew Dolmars, but never ran across that extra toggle?

And to TV, that was not fuel injection, it was a Dolmar Patent for a primer. Tillotson made those to give her a little squirt for EZ starting. Yes they work great, one pull starts quite often!

w8ye,

Have a 6800i that looks that good, sans heated handle, but all the decals are there and very few scratches.

BIN for $50 with a scored slug, cleaned up the jug, new Meteor, I would not sell it for $500!

I had to pay $150 for mine but there was nothing wrong with it except pine rosen all over the face by the bar and the front of the starter.

yup,

many times people think "whats a Dolmar, never heard of them?

The neighbor from across the street came over to chat the other day and saw some Dolmars setting around the shop.

He said that he had never heard of Dolmar? "Are they supposed to be good?"

I figured him to have an old saw from back in the 60's or 70's? So I asked - and he said he had a Husqvarna. I know he just uses it for pruning around his 1/2 acre yard once a year or so.

Anyway, the point is . . . That Dolmar doesn't share the popularity of Stihl (There's a Stihl Dealer that doesn't carry parts at every street intersection around here.) or Husqvarna (Because they are in the big box stores and TSC?)

The 68cc versions are nice to use. I have a couple of variations in yellow and they sure cut as well as any other saw.

PB010949.jpg

Al.

with all this praise for these older series saws i'm itching real bad to get my 540 running. i sure hope the cyl cleans up and it's just a piston

Latest posts

Back