Dumest fireplace I've ever seen!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I was in Wallyworld and I walked past the "store front" bank that is located in the building. I looked up and there is a video of a burning fireplace running on a large screen TV mounted high on the wall. At least they could have had the TV on the floor rather than by the ceiling.

I told the teller that they were not going to get any heat out of that thing!!

At least they didn't have any stockings fastened to the TV set!! :laugh:

The whole set up sure looked stupid!! But, I suppose there could be a market for this setup. You could have the "look" of a fireplace with none of the mess. Plus you could move your "fireplace" to any room you wanted.

My grandpa was a mason for many many years. Lived in a all block house that used to be a school. The only fireplace he had in his house was made out of cardboard....figure that one out!

Yesterday I was in Wallyworld and I walked past the "store front" bank that is located in the building. I looked up and there is a video of a burning fireplace running on a large screen TV mounted high on the wall. At least they could have had the TV on the floor rather than by the ceiling.

I told the teller that they were not going to get any heat out of that thing!!

I don't know, some of those plasma flat screens throw plenty of heat!
700-1000watts worth :hmm3grin2orange:

Makes sense to me, sit and shiver while you watch a fireplace burn on tv.

Makes sense to me, sit and shiver while you watch a fireplace burn on tv.

Reminds me of my mother inlaw; she refuses to fill her oil tank for her furnace, in addition the 2 cords of wood I dropped off to her two years ago remains unused (she said she does not have time to haul wood in, she does not work and stays at home all day, spending her husbands money...).

So her pipes froze, since they only had a couple 1200W heaters upstairs and nothing in the basement. We get that fixed, but she still refuses to burn wood because it is to much work (I have it stacked and split outside, 20ft at most from basement door to wood pile... ugh). So her new plan is to get a 1500W heater for the basement (900sqr foot basement, leaks like a mother f.....), refuses to get heat tape...

I told her lastnight, after a pipe burst and hit the electrical panel, she should just pitch a tent out in the backyard (7 dogs, does not clean up after then, disgusting, I puke every time I go over there... I have pics to share, but you may not want to see them... ugh).

Anyway, after stopping over there lastnight, to make sure they had their juice back on (after stopping the water puking from the pipe) I setup on each of their LCD's (TV too, few new ones there, but no oil to burn, do not get it... sigh) a nice fireplace. I left a note on one of the LCD's with the words "Will not stop your pipes bursting, but if you try hard enough you might get warm..."

Tes

Don't they still play the yule log on tv? I remember watching it when we lived in a small house with no fireplace..

Back