East Tennessee saw dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LANNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Really enjoying the site and learning a lot. Can anyone help me with sources to buy Stihl or Husky?, not sure which yet. All I can seem to come up with in the knoxville area are hardware stores and co-op for pro saws. Planning on getting a 70cc class saw for my keeper, and I see folks on here talking about getting good deals. Sure haven't been able to negotiate any deal so far. Thanks....Lanny

I dont know where you are at when you say the knoxville area, but there are a couple of Husky dealers out in our area, Morristown and White Pine.
how far are you from here?

I dont know where you are at when you say the knoxville area, but there are a couple of Husky dealers out in our area, Morristown and White Pine.
how far are you from here?

In our local measure of distance, hour and a half. When you say dealer, is that a shop that sells saws only? I've never seen that here.Could you pm me with some names? Any AS sponsors sell in this area? Thanks...Lanny

Last edited:
Thanks avalancher. I'll check it out ....HOLD the phone here! you mean like out west they've got shops with only saws , axes, wedges, chains, bars AND parts? I'm movin...Lanny

Last edited:
try the Co Op in Maryville.

they carry Husky and Stihl. good place.probably the best in the area.

Mayo's carries Stihl but they suck for service.

i used to work at a place in Alcoa next to the flea market but i can't even remember the name.i think they carry Husky.they are a Cub Cadet dealer.they were good for service.they may be out of business.the owner was getting tired of it a few years ago.

Sawmill Supply used to be in Knoxville in the old city.they were awesome.last time i was in there everyone was old as dirt and missing a lot of fingers.

i know the JD dealer in Dixie Lee Junction carries Stihl but i wouldn't piss on that place if it was on fire.they ripped a lot of people off including me.

I also live in Knoxville, less than 2 miles from White's hardware. I prefer Wayne Blalock Home Center in Sevierville for Stihl saws, mainly for the price. Service is decent, and if it takes them a few minutes to get to you just remember the $100 or so you save will be worth it. Also make sure you ask them the price because their stickers aren't accurate. As for service Maryville Co OP is pretty good but pricey.

Last edited:
I live in the Loudon area. I have not found too many shops around here deal very well, at least in my opinon. I own a farm in Kentucky and tend to buy there. In a pinch I will buy mix and chains localy at Crowder Small Engine. Nice people but can't say about there saw prices. I did buy one saw localy.

The only saw I have ever bought in East Tn was at Maryville Co-Op only becasue it was a new still in the box 440. I was price shopping and they told me they could not put the 440 on the shelf since the 441 was on the market.

Thanks for the info on the other dealers in the area. I can use this as well. I can't agree more about the JD dealer at Dixie Lee.

East Tennessee Dealers

Lanny....actually there are lots of Stihl and Husky dealers in the upper East TN area, and yes the timber industry was big enough to support them; but given how depressed the market is for hardwood, I don't know how long any of them will last. The fine hardwood market has died, and the firewood market is nothing to write home about. If you are close to the Tri-Cities area(Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City), Chuck Mason equipment in Johnson City gives me the best deals on my Stihl equipment/parts. I hardly use Husky equipment anymore because I saw some firewood pieces longitudally, which jerk out big shavings that clog the outboard clutches found on Husky saws. (Inboard clutches on Stihl saws perform much better for this application) Sanders Equipment Co. in Johnson City is both a Stihl and Husky servicing dealer. Good Luck!

Stihl 038 Super
Shihl MS 361 C-Q
Shihl MS 260Pro
Shihl MS 290FB
Stihl 021
Husky 55
Sears H47D (1964-vintage)
Timberwolf TW-5 Log Splitter
Ford 3930 FWD Tractor

deals small engine in clinton is the largest stihl store around knoxville area. talk to lamar he is the owner and will cut you a deal.

Thanks avalancher. I'll check it out ....HOLD the phone here! you mean like out west they've got shops with only saws , axes, wedges, chains, bars AND parts? I'm movin...Lanny

Ha Ha Ha, you bet! As a young lad, I used to spend hours at Waynes saw shop in Amboy, Washington.
Nothing but saws.At that time, he wouldnt even take weedeaters, rototillers, etc.If it didnt have a chain on it, he didnt sell or service it.
But that was years ago when timber was before the spotted owl.Now Im sure he sells a lot besides chainsaws.
Nice to see some TN guys come to life here on the boards, aint near enough of em!
If you are looking for a good deal on a husky, I would check online, much better prices on what we have around here.You can try http://store.wisesales.com/chainsaws.html

They got some pretty decent prices, at least for around here.

i wish i was still a local boy.

Thanks to all for the replies, good to find some local boys on here. I'll take a day and check out all....Lanny:clap:

i will be back though.hope to visit in the spring and i have to be there for a wedding in October.

Seems like theres more of us than I thought. Lots of good info. My wife just found the 455 rancher bill,it went better than I thought . Time to move on to the big boy.....Lanny:yourock:

I'm from TN also, in between morristown and rogersville, I think interstate tractor had a website but its been a while since I've looked. I've been getting most of my small parts and stuff from co-op in rogersville, they're purty pricey on alot of things. I bought a husky 445 at lowe's and it started leaking bar oil real bad and I just took it back and got a full refund, I do'nt know of any more dealers around here.

Lanny,
How about Cox Power Supply on old broadway in knoxville.They are a full service shop that carry Stihl,Husky,Poulans and Redman.Ive never bought a saw from them but I do get parts there.

Know Farmers Co-op sells Sthil, and probably has the best selection at the Halls Location. Blalock Hardware in Sevierville is a Sthil dealer and has a return policy if you are not happy you can swap for another saw. John Deere dealers I have heard now sell Sthil.

Sevier County Co-op sells Husqvarna, repairs them, and sell parts. That's where I bought my 346XP NE. They have a good selection, also sell Mikita. and seem to be fine folks.

i forgot about that place.

Lanny,
How about Cox Power Supply on old broadway in knoxville.They are a full service shop that carry Stihl,Husky,Poulans and Redman.Ive never bought a saw from them but I do get parts there.

Broadway is a great place to cruise the pawn shops.i found some great deals out that way.i miss Buddy's BBQ now DAMMIT!

Fishercat, sounds like you just need to come on home buddy. Interstate tractor has made the cut, husky 372xp 695.00, 575xp 750.00. Thinking the 575, any thoughts guys? Been using the 455 ,not enough a.. for the big old wood I'm getting lately. You know' the 36" oak that's been down for a year that the sons neighbor couldn't decide what to do with. Can't even move the rounds, have to noodle them.....Thanks all, go Vols...........Lanny

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back