Ebay chainsaw antics?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to buy the chipper truck that she now has for sale to go with your chainsaw, maybe a little more was known about the saw than she let on.
I'm sure the truck is a one owner operated by a little ole lady.

You need to buy the chipper truck that she now has for sale to go with your chainsaw, maybe a little more was known about the saw than she let on.
I'm sure the truck is a one owner operated by a little ole lady.

LOL! Its all good, the chainsaw is something I can fix.

Looks to me like you could have done worse. I'm guessing that the cyl will be ok, so just a piston and maybe do the carb and fuel line since it passed vac test.

It should be fine and the saw looks good to boot.

Yep, Meteor piston ordered today, and the cylinder cleaned up nice. Im not unhappy money wise, just couldnt believe how belligerent the seller was. She would not accept any responsibility at all, and was a PITA to deal with. Ebay showed their a$$ as well, and I let them know it. That said it will be a fair price once its completed, and another junk piston in the pile. I actually have people wanting to buy junk pistons for conversation pieces, thats odd. I dont accept money, but give them away.

Isn't it possible that she didn't have a way of taking a pic of her saw and just "borrowed" a pic that was already there? I did that on one of my ebay items that was identical to another one, just used the same pic. Not trying to swindle anybody, just more convenient. I doubt the woman knew anything about the piston scoring. But like someone said "ebay is getting bad". There are still a few honest ones on there but if they keep getting screwed, they'll be gone.

This may very well be true & was my first thought when I read the case, but:

a) she should have mentioned in the listing that the photo wasnt of the real saw (if you cant your own pic, better to put the 'stock' pro pic, not someone else's amateur pic which clearly makes it LOOK like its your own.

b) she got the model of the saw wrong!

My gut tells me that with that many positive transactions, she wasnt out to scam someone, but she should also know (after that many transactions) that if you dont know your product you either dont sell it, or you do sell it & make it very clear you dont know anything about it.

My 2c

This may very well be true & was my first thought when I read the case, but:

a) she should have mentioned in the listing that the photo wasnt of the real saw (if you cant your own pic, better to put the 'stock' pro pic, not someone else's amateur pic which clearly makes it LOOK like its your own.

b) she got the model of the saw wrong!

My gut tells me that with that many positive transactions, she wasnt out to scam someone, but she should also know (after that many transactions) that if you dont know your product you either dont sell it, or you do sell it & make it very clear you dont know anything about it.

My 2c

:agree2:

any pics that are used on ebay are the property of ebay and anyone can use them to

represent an item!!!! BE CAREFUL.
no there not, they are still your pics, they are just hosted by ebay and can not be used by other sellers with out your permission....

Okay, maybe I was wrong about this. The pic I used was my own, not someone else's. It's inexcusable to put the wrong model number on the ad because model numbers are right on the saw, usually in big letters. It was a possibility she was selling for someone else and never saw the chainsaw. Anyway with a high seller rating she should have bent a little bit to make her customer happy and avoid the neg. feedback. I sold a cordless drill to a person who was unhappy with it and I just gave him his money back and shipping and let him keep the drill. I didn't hear any more from him so I guess he was alright with it.

Call the number on the side of the chipper truck she has for sale. I don't know what good it would do, but you might find out more about her. Maybe talk to somebody that knows her. If she did try to scam you, she might think twice next time.

Just my .02

Guess I will have to buy that chip truck,its already got my company name on it!All I have to do is change the phone number.And rebuild the tranny,engine,weld up the frame,rewire,.......

Jason,
I know this sounds ironic, but after you get it fixed, put it back on Ebay. You might just make that $100 profit after all.
Joel

If any of you have the time and patience to "ASK" for trouble,all you gotta do is insinuate to a strange woman that she may be attempting something underhanded and see what you get. They come unglued when they are caught red-handed.
Igpoe:clap:

If any of you have the time and patience to "ASK" for trouble,all you gotta do is insinuate to a strange woman that she may be attempting something underhanded and see what you get. They come unglued when they are caught red-handed.
Igpoe:clap:

She sure did come uncorked. She is a psychopath.

AVOID EBAY SELLER MALIBUSTACY575!!!!!!

Call the number on the side of the chipper truck she has for sale. I don't know what good it would do, but you might find out more about her.

The listing says to call Eric's cell and gives that same number. The truck is probably his, wouldn't be surprised if the 036 came from him too. She probably doesn't know anything about either of them. Can you imagine the postage due if she ships the truck by Media Mail?

How did you word it to her?

I just stated that she misrepresented the item, used someone else's picture without permission, then screwed me on shipping, and wont even reimburse for the extra amont. On top of that, the piston and cyl. are scored, and I will have to replace the piston.

She said I was lying, and trying to scam her, even though I offered to send pics and proof of the postage due. Ebay of course showed their a$$es and its their way or the highway.

Latest posts

Back