Ebay chainsaw antics?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay of course showed their a$$es and its their way or the highway.

In fairness to ebay though, they did say you could get a full refund, no? I mean I know why you wouldnt want to, but its long been their policy to be "all or none" and I cant really blame them for that. Too many variables with "well, we'll knock x% off"

Or maybe I misunderstood what ebay told you?

In fairness to ebay though, they did say you could get a full refund, no? I mean I know why you wouldnt want to, but its long been their policy to be "all or none" and I cant really blame them for that. Too many variables with "well, we'll knock x% off"

Or maybe I misunderstood what ebay told you?

No, you are correct. They offered a full refund. I aint doing it though.

Ebay of course showed their a$$es and its their way or the highway
but you didn't buy the saw from "ebay" you bought it from malibustacy575 on ebay's site and they (ebay) offered to get your money back, buy a saw from someone on craigslist or possibility even this site and see if if you get that offer, the only way you could have gotten a partial refund would be if the seller decided to give it to you, I've been burned on ebay a few times and when I couldn't work it out with the seller I filed a paypal claim and got my money back...

I just stated that she misrepresented the item, used someone else's picture without permission, then screwed me on shipping, and wont even reimburse for the extra amont. On top of that, the piston and cyl. are scored, and I will have to replace the piston.

She said I was lying, and trying to scam her, even though I offered to send pics and proof of the postage due. Ebay of course showed their a$$es and its their way or the highway.

Ebay is likely right to offer to refund the money, basically canceling the transaction, thus removing any injury to you, the buyer. Rather than wading into the muddled specifics of each situation, it is far simpler for them as the overseer of it all to proceed that way. At least the buyer can in this way choose to not be financially harmed. Too bad, though, that a few sellers like this have ruined eSlay for other sellers, because this cannot help but affect buyers as well.

Im not angry with ebay after further consideration, other than they would not make her pay for the shipping snafu. I understand where they are coming from. Im not even getting completely shafted on the whole deal in the end. I planned on buying this thing, cleaning it up, and flipping it. Now I have enough money in it I wont make any, or little reselling, but it will be a very nice saw. Im more miffed about her deception and lack of working with me at all. I have bought several items not as described, and the seller and I worked it out very quick, and good feedback was left by both parties.

I mostly made this thread so maybe somebody else will learn something from it, I know I did.

the important thing with ebay, as I think someone posted earlier, is to start the file before the time runs out. I think it was 6 wks. You can always resolve and close it without hard feelings, but cannot open one after the time.

Mostly I have dealt with obsucure observed trials motorcycle parts and that is a very small pool of buyers or sellers. No real issues. Only time I've been stung on ebay was a hydr pump for a project that seller strung me out with all sorts of good reasons why it would be shipped in a few days. Then started giving me tracking numbers that were bogus. after I realized it wasn't coming, there was a time limit, too late, too bad, ebay/paypal both won't deal with it. that is fair, they have to draw the line somewhere, I just learned don't be too easy going.

and yes, the feelings of being taken are worse than the money lost. so life goes on and I learned.

Im not angry with ebay after further consideration, other than they would not make her pay for the shipping snafu. I understand where they are coming from. Im not even getting completely shafted on the whole deal in the end. I planned on buying this thing, cleaning it up, and flipping it. Now I have enough money in it I wont make any, or little reselling, but it will be a very nice saw. Im more miffed about her deception and lack of working with me at all. I have bought several items not as described, and the seller and I worked it out very quick, and good feedback was left by both parties.

I mostly made this thread so maybe somebody else will learn something from it, I know I did.

In a perfect world, Ebay would make the seller refund your money & then pay the shipping costs as "cost of doing business." I mean I know that she misrepresented, sold something she knew nothing about, used anothers' photo without permission etc etc, but at the end of the day, ebay has to get involved to some extent.

Telling you they will give you a full refund...except for the shipping cost...is hardly a refund. We're not talking about a packet of peanuts here - shipping saws is bloody expensive.

I just filed a claim with paypal, requesting 18.12 for the shipping snafu on her part, and 25.00 (1/2 price for the new Meteor piston shipped 2 day air from Baileys, I ate half the cost ).

She immediately paid it. I was flabbergasted.

I just filed a claim with paypal, requesting 18.12 for the shipping snafu on her part, and 25.00 (1/2 price for the new Meteor piston shipped 2 day air from Baileys, I ate half the cost ).

She watched her soaps today and realized there wasn't enough love in the world. Now she feels all better'cuz she's been a good little girl. She may be pregnant by morning. Mae West once said: " When I'm good,I'm good.........
but when I'm bad, I'm real good". Now I feel a little dirtier.
Igpoe

that's cool, you got something at least..

She also asked me to revise her feedback, which I agreed to. Im just wary at this point that she may file some claim against me after I do so to try to get that money back. Hell, maybe Im paranoid.

She also asked me to revise her feedback, which I agreed to. Im just wary at this point that she may file some claim against me after I do so to try to get that money back. Hell, maybe Im paranoid.
she can't if you paid with paypal and she gave you the partial refund as a response to the claim, you're covered..

Back