ECHO chainsaw warranty five years?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bravo. :clap: You said it.

I agree based on my experiences.

One of which was also a big motor parts replacement on a KTM. They probably would have done the labour too if I wanted it that way.

The folks that your dealer deals with are the distributors. they are the ones that approve the warranties. You ought to give them a call tomorrow.
https://www.echo-usa.com/About-ECHO/Distributor-Network/
Thanks.
The issue isn't just me
It's not really so much about money or inconvenience.
Frankly I'm SEVERLY DISSAPOINTED in Echo, Sthil, and ANY OTHER reputable manufactuer that falls prey to cutting corners and following suit when making their products. If this were a Ryobi, Poulan, or out of China, i'd simply have kicked my own butt and said, well you get what you pay for.
Fact is Echo let me down. I bought this saw on the fact my cs590 and 490 are awesome. I have a very old Sthil 024 for my Limbing saw and love the saw. However I decided to go FULL BLOWN Echo. I've been telling my friends BUY echo you Won't be disapointed.
Also...the hired help let me down. He didn't seem interested.
If he had said, hey sorry about that I can get you a new part for 11 bucks I'd have said, thanks , when can I expect it?
Like a kid who was Wasp stung I sat around pissed at the wasp then Realized it's not just one Wasp at fault it's the Nest.

The guy that Normally takes care of me was not there when I took the saw in. He would have fixed this.
But the more I think about it the more I realize how neglected Echo is.
I looked at a friend's 42cc Poulan. It has a plastic chain catch. He's a sloppy operator and throws chains a lot. Nope, his plastic chain catcher isn't broken . It looks more robust. Please look at the cs310 and cs352 cover and see for yourself.
Those need MORE plastic on the attachment point.
I'm convinced if a Throw Away Poulan can do better so can Echo.
I want better for ALL OF US.
This isn't just me. Hell the Wolves are attacking the entire Tribe.
We need to ban together and Say, No we want better.
Of course old warriors are slowly dying off.
People get what they accept.
I'll give people the shirt off my back but beat their ass if they steal a penny.
I've stopped my car got out and gave my expensive Down Filled coat to a woman walking in the cold rain. But I caught a man in my house stealing a TV and beat him so badly I almost got prison time.
I just want Echo and others to build a decent saw for ALL of us.
I'm past 70 and working only half a day two or three times a week.
I'll be gone soon. If the younger folks don't bark they will be run over by the delivery man bringing replacement parts to them they should not be buying.
Good day.

The saws are cheap , go ahead and spend $600 and get a pro saw you want have that problem. You get what you pay for They will keep making the cheap saws for the people that want a cheap saw. They make more money on the cheap saws cause they sell more of them. They cater to the homeowner that uses a saw once a year for 15 minutes. I don't care for any saws that are sold by box stores .

The saws are cheap , go ahead and spend $600 and get a pro saw you want have that problem. You get what you pay for They will keep making the cheap saws for the people that want a cheap saw. They make more money on the cheap saws cause they sell more of them. They cater to the homeowner that uses a saw once a year for 15 minutes. I don't care for any saws that are sold by box stores .
It was NOT bought BASED upon Price. I bought it from a DEALER.
The MSRP of 259 dollars for a 34 cc saw isn't cheap in my opinion.

I just wanted another Echo that's the only reason I bought it.

My very old Sthil 024 is in great shape and Echo saws have a good Reputation so the Echo became my small saw for limbs.

Until the cheap **** showed up I was sending my Friends to Echo DEALERS.

Now we can't trust STHIL.

600 dollars !!!! For a limb saw. Ha. Ha
That's unrealistic.

How about 25 dollars more for Echo to build a BETTER chain Catcher?

Add 25 bucks to the cost of the 34cc saw and give me a better chain catcher and we'd NOT be chatting about this. I'd gladly pay but to replace a flaw part with ANOTHER flawed part isn't the answer.

Hell I spend more than 25 bucks taking my lady out.

That's nothing to me but it should be enough to build a excellent saw fixing a flawed part.

This crap don't make sense.

Why ruin a good saw and a good reputation when the customer would gladly pay a few bucks more for what could be a superior saw.

Already they have lost TWO sales over this issue with me.

It's not gonna hurt me
But I'll make sure it's gonna hurt Echo if they don't bring the Quaility up.

This is like dating a beautiful woman that is dying with a STD. You miss out on what you really wanted and expected.
Good day.

It was NOT bought BASED upon Price. I bought it from a DEALER.
The MSRP of 259 dollars for a 34 cc saw isn't cheap in my opinion.

I just wanted another Echo that's the only reason I bought it.

My very old Sthil 024 is in great shape and Echo saws have a good Reputation so the Echo became my small saw for limbs.

Until the cheap **** showed up I was sending my Friends to Echo DEALERS.

Now we can't trust STHIL.

600 dollars !!!! For a limb saw. Ha. Ha
That's unrealistic.

How about 25 dollars more for Echo to build a BETTER chain Catcher?

Add 25 bucks to the cost of the 34cc saw and give me a better chain catcher and we'd NOT be chatting about this. I'd gladly pay but to replace a flaw part with ANOTHER flawed part isn't the answer.

Hell I spend more than 25 bucks taking my lady out.

That's nothing to me but it should be enough to build a excellent saw fixing a flawed part.

This crap don't make sense.

Why ruin a good saw and a good reputation when the customer would gladly pay a few bucks more for what could be a superior saw.

Already they have lost TWO sales over this issue with me.

It's not gonna hurt me
But I'll make sure it's gonna hurt Echo if they don't bring the Quaility up.

This is like dating a beautiful woman that is dying with a STD. You miss out on what you really wanted and expected.
Good day.
Damn............ Maybe Echo should just "Cut and Run"!!!!

Or else all of us can chip in a quarter a piece, and buy you a new "whatever"!!!!!
That would likely be the best choice!!!
You guys are missing the point.
I've got enough money, hell I can buy ANY saw I want. Pay cash!!!
Principal. Principle.

It's about the Principle.

This is the FIRST TIME in my long life that
I've EVER seen such crap on an OTHERWISE decent saw.

So, go ahead ACCEPT mediocre and laugh.

This young generation has been trained to shrug it off and accept less than.
Even among their own achievements.

My only fear is that I may become average.

So each one may want to chip in a little HONOR (instead of money) and chip in some self respect and demand Quaility. Or they can just laugh at men like me who grew up in a time when you actually bought Quaility stuff.

I remember when even cheap saws had Metal Clutch covers and it was unheard of a chain Guard breaking.

But the young people of today won't stand up and DEMAND Quaility.

I could care less. I'll be gone in 30 years when ALL your saws will be built with crap and you won't remember quaility.

Have a great day.

Run the dog snot out of my echo 310 today cutting dead fall brush, briars, grapevines and just general nasty crap and I threw the chain three times in an hour. Chain catcher never failed once and it’s plastic. I have thrown the chain on my Stihl 180 a lot in the past, clearing trails to the lake, same nasty briars, dead fall brush and nasty crap. The chain catcher on the stihl is metal but has been bent and a piece is broken off. Just a part of the saw that is going to get abused. You can get worked up about it but in the long run, it’s nothing. Drop on the floor with a heart attack and think about how important that little nothing part is while your fighting for air and life....

Don’t sweat the small stuff and your life will be longer.

Run the dog snot out of my echo 310 today cutting dead fall brush, briars, grapevines and just general nasty crap and I threw the chain three times in an hour. Chain catcher never failed once and it’s plastic. I have thrown the chain on my Stihl 180 a lot in the past, clearing trails to the lake, same nasty briars, dead fall brush and nasty crap. The chain catcher on the stihl is metal but has been bent and a piece is broken off. Just a part of the saw that is going to get abused. You can get worked up about it but in the long run, it’s nothing. Drop on the floor with a heart attack and think about how important that little nothing part is while your fighting for air and life....

Don’t sweat the small stuff and your life will be longer.
You sir JUST MADE MY POINT.
Mine had to have been already flawed which should be covered by WARRANTY.

I bought a cs 310 several years ago. Run the crap out of it.
The chain jumped the bar BUT DID NOT come off.

When I loosened the bar nuts the chain tension somehow damaged the small gear in the Tensioner assembly.
I rationalized that I shouldn't have let the bar nuts loose before trying to gently release the tensioner.
I BELIEVED that the damage was MY FAULT.
The saw was one Month old.
I BOUGHT the part AND repaired that saw without asking for warranty. BECAUSE I believe I BROKE IT.

BUT as you stated so eloquently, those chain catchers SHOULD NOT and WILL NOT normally break the first time a chain jumps. Thank you for that testimony.

Fully agree.
NOW, how would you feel if your friend bought a new saw and you watched him use his saw and the chain jumped First time it ever jumoed then the catch catcher broke off?
You may say, hey, it's not supposed to do that Let's take that saw back to the shop. Would you?

For many years I've been Running all Sthils except for my old PP 380 ,Sthil, 029, 026, 024 until 2015 when I sold my big 60cc saw and bought the cs 590.

We know all Sthil bars are much different and mine almost never dropped a chain. Even then any chain catcher on a saw SHOULD NOT break first time the chain drops.

As you have said, yours dont.

That makes me believe Mine must have been cracked ( maybe hairline) or just not been moulded correctly.
Thanks for the information.
People reading this may like all the food for thought.

You sir JUST MADE MY POINT.
Mine had to have been already flawed which should be covered by WARRANTY.

I bought a cs 310 several years ago. Run the crap out of it.
The chain jumped the bar BUT DID NOT come off.

When I loosened the bar nuts the chain tension somehow damaged the small gear in the Tensioner assembly.
I rationalized that I shouldn't have let the bar nuts loose before trying to gently release the tensioner.
I BELIEVED that the damage was MY FAULT.
The saw was one Month old.
I BOUGHT the part AND repaired that saw without asking for warranty. BECAUSE I believe I BROKE IT.

BUT as you stated so eloquently, those chain catchers SHOULD NOT and WILL NOT normally break the first time a chain jumps. Thank you for that testimony.

Fully agree. NOW, how would you feel if your friend bought a new saw and you saw him use his saw and the chain jump then the catch break?
You may saw, hey, let's take that saw to the shop.

I've been Running all Sthils ,029, 026, 024 until 2015 when I sold my big 60cc saw and bought the cs 590.

We know all Sthil bars are much different and mine almost never dropped a chain. Even then any chain catcher on a saw SHOULD NOT break first time the chain drops.
As you have said. Mine must have been cracked or just not been moulded correctly.
Thanks.
Maybe the chain just hit it in the right spot and it broke. Stuff happens, replace it and move on. Or not.

I bought my MS-261 C-M from a guy on CL. Brand-new, never even started. He had all the manuals and such for it, to include the tools, still sealed in a factory bag.

I didn't expect any warranty. And.....I paid considerably less for it than what a Stihl dealer would have wanted.

I bought my MS-261 C-M from a guy on CL. Brand-new, never even started. He had all the manuals and such for it, to include the tools, still sealed in a factory bag.

I didn't expect any warranty. And.....I paid considerably less for it than what a Stihl dealer would have wanted.
I know a guy with a new Echo 620P. Wants 500. I passed. Update. Since my chain catcher broke I've Repaired it and tested it. I put an Oregon bar and chain on it. Haven't dropped a chain ever since. However a chain catch should NOT BREAK from ONE time the chain jumping.
I DO NOT recommend the cs352 because the chain catcher is IMHO flawed.
However I hot welded mine beefed it up with larger gussets and have learned to love the saw. I've used that saw a lot. The ONLY bad thing is the crappy chain catcher.
I'm dissapointed in Echo. I DON'T plan to ever buy anything Echo again. It may be they are ok and better than China stuff. Seems to be a gamble no matter what you buy. I hear negative stuff about other saws and Dealers. I know someone bought a saw from Lowes. Used it for 5 days had an issue and got a full refund. Good luck.

Back