Echo CS-330t muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MN Ripper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a question for anyone that's modded this muffler before...When you remove the restrictive steel honeycomb(circled in picture) do you leave out the whole inner piece or is there a way to get the honeycomb part out and save the stud guide tubes? Sorry for the crappy picture.

I cut the muffler in half to get this inner part out, but don't see a way to get the honeycomb part out with out cutting up the holder around it.

This is one restrictive muffler the honeycomb is maybe a .100" from the exhaust port and its very small openings to flow through. I didn't know what else would be in the muffler but its just this-no other internal baffles.

Any input would be great.

I just got mine started and tore it all apart, not easy,then added some down spouts out of 1/2 conduit, then removed the carb adjuster limiters to get it to run the way it should. it made the saw a whole lot better, maybe even on the fun side to use.

I know the honeycomb is a catalytic muffler, I thought I should describe it in case there are different kinds of catalytic mufflers on saws so readers would know exactly what is in this one.

So tell me a little bit more about this 1/2" conduit...are you using this instead of the screwed on external deflector? If you have any pics I'd like to see them. I ditched the limiter caps too. Just that made a big difference in cutting speed, so hopefully a good flowing muffler will be even better. Sounds like it helped with your saw.

Cliff-that sounds like an easy thing to do to get the exhaust flowing and nothing to stick out in the way. Thanks.

Looking forward to running the saw again after I get the muffler finished.

Back