Echo CS440 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlofadeal64

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend brought by an Echo CS440 chainsaw. I found some specs on the saw, concerning carb adjustment but nothing for WOT (wide open throttle). I like to tune with a tach and was planning on a mild muffler mod for this saw. Can one of the Echo fans direct me to a place where I can get this information or simply post it here will be fine.

Other tips or helpful information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million! ;)

I have a CS440 but I don't know the spec on WOT RPM right off hand. Remember that even a mild muffler mod will throw those numbers out the window. Snag the caps on the High and Low and open them up, even un-modded. They are real lean from the factory but with a little muffler mod and some fuel poured on, they run pretty good.

Looked around and can't seem to find any WOT specs for any current model Echo on my usual reference sites.
Might swing by the local dealer and see if the service guys have any specs.
My 600P is still stock (for now), and has the limiters on. Although not really broken in yet, I regularly check the plug, and it's appearing slightly rich, which is fine for now. The limiters , while notoriously lean from the factory, won't always be.

I bought a cs440 new about 6 years ago and did a mild muff mod on it and tuned it by ear and it's turned out to be one fine saw! It's the saw that rides in the atv for trail clearing and occasionial firewood saw. Don't listen to most of the guys on this site when they try to tell you that an Echo is no good. Guys like SAW TROLL:msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back