Echo (Kioritz) & Shindaiwa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narwhale

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For general info here, this is from the new release in the Echo website earlier this year:

Kioritz / Shindaiwa Alliance

CHICAGO, IL. (May 21 2007) - Today it was announced in Japan that Kioritz Corporation (Kioritz), the parent company of ECHO Incorporated has entered into a business and shareholding alliance with Shindaiwa Corporation (Shindaiwa).

Kioritz and Shindaiwa, both publicly traded companies on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, are leading global manufacturers of premium outdoor power equipment including trimmers, chainsaws, power blowers, hedge clippers and related products.

In addition to initial mutual investments of approximately $2 million in each other’s common stock, the alliance will focus on working together to develop and implement future mutually beneficial product and operational programs.

Makes one wonder where all this is going.
Rich S.

Let me guess, there power to weight ratio is bad.:givebeer:

Yep, sort of, the Echos generally have very little power for the displacement and weight - and the Shinnys that have been tested on independant dynos put out a lot less power than advertised (488, and 757, if memory serves).

trio.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I though Kioritz/Shindaiwa were joined at the hip 20+ years ago. Look at the catlogs they are real similar. Plus they are both in Tokyo...Bob

Yep, sort of, the Echos generally have very little power for the displacement and weight - and the Shinnys that have been tested on independant dynos put out a lot less power than advertised (488, and 757, if memory serves).

You have hp number for Echos? I never seen anyone publish this data. I know Shindaiwa engine is less than powerful, that is put it politely!!!! Their T272 is 27cc 1.4hp and weitht 14.7lb.!!!!! I guess they last because they build like a tank..........Well........At least.....Weight like a Tank:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I made the big mistake of buying the C4 blower and I regret every bit of it. Extra maintenance, not easy to start, not very powerful and not quiet!! People complain of Honda trimmer are too heavy. Compare to Shindaiwa, they are lot cheaper, quieter, better weight to power ratio and.....it is a Honda!!!

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Is it that bad!!!!:dizzy: They have come up with the new one ring engine that supposed to lower friction and all........They claimed!!!!! Is that all Bull?!!!!

Last edited:
You have hp number for Echos? I never seen anyone publish this data. I know Shindaiwa engine is less than powerful, that is put it politely!!!! Their T272 is 27cc 1.4hp and weitht 14.7lb.!!!!! I guess they last because they build like a tank..........Well........At least.....Weight like a Tank:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I made the big mistake of buying the C4 blower and I regret every bit of it. Extra maintenance, not easy to start, not very powerful and not quiet!! People complain of Honda trimmer are too heavy. Compare to Shindaiwa, they are lot cheaper, quieter, better weight to power ratio and.....it is a Honda!!!

Not quite....it's 1.5 HP and 13.3lbs

I'm a big fan of the 026 Pro, MS260, but in stock form, I will put my 488 against one any day! I'm not saying it is any faster, but from what I've seen it is just as fast and build quality is on par as well.

You have hp number for Echos? I never seen anyone publish this data.

They published them in the UK a few years ago, what I remember is 4.4hp/3.2kW for the 6700.

I believe they still do in Australia (or NZ?) - but they are a mess of non-consistant kW vs hp numbers, and very far from impressive, if you analyse them a bit (disregard the non-consistant ones).

Last edited:
They published them in the UK a few years ago, what I remember is 4.4hp/3.2kW for the 6700.

I believe they still do in Australia (or NZ?) - but they are a mess of non-consistant kW vs hp numbers, and very far from impressive, if you analyse them a bit (disregard the non-consistant ones).

I'll just disregard you. Steve

Latest posts

Back