stihl going to home depot!!! ousts echo!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Band

doesn't bother me, dude!

twas kevin spacey, dude!
:cheers:

anybody listen to 'cake'?
their song 'building a religion'?
:)

Aren't they like a jam band?? I listen to all kinds, but mostly old Merle Haggard, Jones, Cash, Hank and stuff like that. I really like old pickin' like doc and clinch mountain boys type stuff also... I'll have to look up Cake...

:cheers: eh?

Aren't they like a jam band?? I listen to all kinds, but mostly old Merle Haggard, Jones, Cash, Hank and stuff like that. I really like old pickin' like doc and clinch mountain boys type stuff also... I'll have to look up Cake...

Nice pictures.........Dude :cheers:

do look em up!
but if you are primarily in to the above music...you will probably pass on cake.
you may have heard their song 'going the distance'. i would call them rock but they are a little bit hard to classify.

to be fair, i only recognize like half of your guys. i am a fan of cash' song 'three feet high and rising'.
:cheers:

For a minute there I was thinking that T. Hall and Andy were going to be religated to working on isle 5 at HD, in their HD vests, answering calls on the loud speaker: "Can someone in the chainsaw section please come to checkout stand #3!!" Once there, they greet an old phart customer who is in his 80's, demanding to know what kind of oil to use it his MS880! At which point T. Hall dumps a pint of Poulan oil on the guy's bald head, saying, "that ought to do it!" Meanwhile Andy takes the saw away from him and hands the clerk the receipt and says, "Refund this fool his money for this and I will get him an MS170 to replace it, with a quart of Gary's Own oil."

couldn't believe my eyes this morning.

stihl will be sold at the home depot around 2010. according to the article echo is unable to meet epa requirements in the alotted time and has bowed out of the high volume box buiseness!

i snipped these lines from the article:

An unexpected announcement this morning from Stihl USA confirms that the company, best known for chain saws, will be supplying gasoline powered equipment to U.S. Home Depot home improvement outlets. Marketing executive Bill Henrickson was quoted as saying, "Our commitment to The Home Depot corporation will in no way effect our current commitment to our current dealer network. Separate regional service centers will be established to handle any consumer concerns regarding their new Stihl power equipment.". Henrickson's comment is assumed to be directed toward current Stihl dealers who, until this morning's announcement, have been kept out of the loop. Stihl is slated to replace Kioritz Corporation's Echo line-up at most Home Depot retail locations late in 2009. Sources inside the deal confirm rumors that the Kioritz Corporation has insufficient resources to comply with 2010 U.S. EPA hydrocarbon emission regulations.

wow man!!! i'll post links after work today!!!

If thats not a April fools deal I love it. It will mean the end finally to the other players. Check and see if they will be going in Sears, Lowes, JC Penny, and Starbucks,LOLOL

But if Stihl sold at Starbucks you would have to assembly the engine yourself.

Never understood why people pay $4 to make their own coffee?

For a minute there I was thinking that T. Hall and Andy were going to be religated to working on isle 5 at HD, in their HD vests, answering calls on the loud speaker: "Can someone in the chainsaw section please come to checkout stand #3!!" Once there, they greet an old phart customer who is in his 80's, demanding to know what kind of oil to use it his MS880! At which point T. Hall dumps a pint of Poulan oil on the guy's bald head, saying, "that ought to do it!" Meanwhile Andy takes the saw away from him and hands the clerk the receipt and says, "Refund this fool his money for this and I will get him an MS170 to replace it, with a quart of Gary's Own oil."

LOLOL, sometimes I do that here now. Had a feller here abit ago while I was trying to eat my lunch here in the shop. They call me from upfront and tell me theres a guy uphere wanting a trimmer. I said I'm eating lunch, send him down here and I'll talk to him while I'm eating. He comes down and see's I'm munching a hamburger. He goes oh didn't mean to mess up your lunch. I say its ok not a problem. After getting almost 400.00 out of his pocket he's all happy and the last thing I tell him is, "if you hadn't bought something after messing up my lunch I would have cussed you like a dog behind your back after you left". He laffed his head off,LOLOL I say tellem whatcha think, AFTER THE SALE of course,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

But if Stihl sold at Starbucks you would have to assembly the engine yourself.

Never understood why people pay $4 to make their own coffee?

My daughter goes in Starbucks all the time buying that 4.00 a cup coffee. I raise hell with her. I say dayummmmm I can buy a whole jar of Folgers coffee for what your paying for one cup of coffee at Starbucks. She goes but Dadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd, your drinking Folgers, I'm drinking Starbucks. I hang my head and whisper ok,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
My daughter goes in Starbucks all the time buying that 4.00 a cup coffee. I raise hell with her. I say dayummmmm I can buy a whole jar of Folgers coffee for what your paying for one cup of coffee at Starbucks. She goes but Dadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd, your drinking Folgers, I'm drinking Starbucks. I hang my head and whisper ok,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So next time she comes home with Starbucks swap it out and she will never know.

Worse then the price is you still have to make it yourself!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm

Tell you what you do buddy. Let her know, if she's young this will hit a nerve, that when Starbucks was asked to send our boys over in Iraq some Starbucks coffee they stuck their nose up and said, "NO WAY!!" The corp starbucks could care less if a soldier stuck in the middle of the desert has but a small cup of starbucks coffee to enjoy. Between them and Ben and Jerry's supporting cop killers I'd like to know what the he11 these kids are thinking giving them anything. Doesn't that mean anything to them? It's not the soldiers fault they are over there, however, for Starbucks to flat out say "pi55 off!!" to them is a sad sad day and it'd be a cold day in he11 before I'd spend a nickel at their place. I only hope they go broke and when they are wreathing and complaining about being poor, they can think about helping some folks that would really appreciate just a little taste of home when they are so far away... Anyways, point is, TELL THEM TO BOYCOTT!!!

End of tirade

lololol....

You missed thalls secret weapon.. crooning Elvis thought the pa system... customers are in such a hurry to get out they pay CASH and leave the change...

Stihl products at your local Lowes and HD

http://www.************/showthread.php?t=229188

Thought this was funny. I did a search on a mower issue and this popped up.

Steve

+100000000000 on cisco's #52 post! Repped ya for that.

Any one ever notice that when HD gets a tool mfg in they eventually end up owning them, after HD beats them down on price so much that there is no profit left? Rigid. Ryobi. Who's next???

Get out to the Rockies and I'll brew ya a pot of the good stuff! :cheers:

Stihl the best coffee!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back