Stihl / Echo worth money over Poulan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo saws suck, they have no power and vibrate to pieces. Who in their right mind would put the air cleaner on the front of their climbing saw.

Just get a Stihl and be done with it. You won't be let down.

Echos are underpowered with excessive vibration and a cheap feel, stihl and husky are in another league. Buy an echo only if price matters most. MOW, front mounted air-filters, as in husky XPT's, they make a climbing/pruning saw so much more comfortable to use, hold a 200T, then hold a 338XPT, the difference is immediately noticeable. Your trigger hand settles to a natural position on the heel of the hand where it supports the weight with no effort when the saw is above shoulder height. No twisted wrist with a bulky filter housing right where you don't want it. Of course the front mounted air filter sucks in more water and debris, but it's only a 20 second job to clean the filter now and again..

that explains the 10000:1 sales of the MS200T to the 338/335 in the USA. I never trash Husky's, but... it's not their best saw...

Last edited:
Echo saws suck, they have no power and vibrate to pieces. Who in their right mind would put the air cleaner on the front of their climbing saw.

Hey mine lasted four years a little under powered but a
ok saw sorry you dont like em but it was durable cs 300
and cut thousands of tree limbs light easy to start and
would still be going if I did not forget it was in bucket
during five inch rain and forgot rain gear saw was under
water over night dryed out ran great for three more months
then froze up but I can't complain about that model.

Last edited:
that explains the 10000:1 sales of the MS200T to the 338/335 in the USA. I never trash Husky's, but... it's not their best saw...

Nah, that doesn't explain why 200T's outsell 335's:laugh: Even in little NZ the 200T's are by far the commonest commercial pruning saw, the XPT's mufflers are stifled something wicked, along with a flimsy oregon 12" bar and the wrong pitch chains they come with, also a dodgy tank breather and a carb that often needs tweaking for altitude changes. But sort out the bugs and they're a brilliant saw. Contrary to belief, most forest workers are pretty clueless when it comes to intricate chainsaw mechanics, the brick-shaped 200T's just keep on keeping on with bugger all maintenance needed, (usually:biggrinbounce2: ) The huskys need some coaxing to get the best outta them...

Umm, Ive seen more than a few Echos, and Ive yet to see one that vibrated to peices. My CS-520 is one of the smoothest saws Ive ever used, and IVe used some stihls mind you.

But clearly you are biased. You'd much rather slam a manufacturer with negative talk, and insert your favorite brand as "the only option" rather than accept that one manufacturer makes a great saw at a VERY great price.

Also, who is talking about limbing saws?

Umm, Ive seen more than a few Echos, and Ive yet to see one that vibrated to peices. My CS-520 is one of the smoothest saws Ive ever used, and IVe used some stihls mind you.

But clearly you are biased. You'd much rather slam a manufacturer with negative talk, and insert your favorite brand as "the only option" rather than accept that one manufacturer makes a great saw at a VERY great price.

Also, who is talking about limbing saws?

Red, you have not been around any good saws to know what a good saw is.
I have replied to your comical threads in the past and will continue to do so.
If you don't like what I have to say then go back to your Corvette forum and talk some more tech ****.
When you finally buy a real saw then contact me.

Echos are underpowered with excessive vibration and a cheap feel, stihl and husky are in another league. Buy an echo only if price matters most. MOW, front mounted air-filters, as in husky XPT's, they make a climbing/pruning saw so much more comfortable to use, hold a 200T, then hold a 338XPT, the difference is immediately noticeable. Your trigger hand settles to a natural position on the heel of the hand where it supports the weight with no effort when the saw is above shoulder height. No twisted wrist with a bulky filter housing right where you don't want it. Of course the front mounted air filter sucks in more water and debris, but it's only a 20 second job to clean the filter now and again..

Buy Echo if you want an Easy to start, lightweigh, Well balanced saw that is built tough and user freindly.

Yall do realize that he has 60 trees to drop, and he wont be doing it with a little pruning saw...right?

If you want to mill, Husky 395XP

Its heavy as lead, kinda hard to pull,,,I hate the choke and kill switch they used, but it works.

-----

I dont get where you guys come up with Echo's having a "cheap feel" to them...must not be used to a saw that doesnt weigh 30lbs and vibrate like a bed in a cheap hotel...

Red, you have not been around any good saws to know what a good saw is.
I have replied to your comical threads in the past and will continue to do so.
If you don't like what I have to say then go back to your Corvette forum and talk some more tech ****.
When you finally buy a real saw then contact me.

028, 044, 066, MS660, 026, 395XP....yup, all junk....:dizzy:

Buy Echo if you want an Easy to start, lightweigh, Well balanced saw that is built tough and user freindly.

Yall do realize that he has 60 trees to drop, and he wont be doing it with a little pruning saw...right?

If you want to mill, Husky 395XP

Its heavy as lead, kinda hard to pull,,,I hate the choke and kill switch they used, but it works.

-----

I dont get where you guys come up with Echo's having a "cheap feel" to them...must not be used to a saw that doesnt weigh 30lbs and vibrate like a bed in a cheap hotel...

No, we just know what a real saw feels like.
If he buy's the Echo he won't be making it through sixty trees.

No, we just know what a real saw feels like.
If he buy's the Echo he won't be making it through sixty trees.

Boy, the ORANGE Kool-Aid is flowin tonight....:cheers:

He'd make it.

Hell, A Homelite XL dropped some 4 dozen Pines on 3 acres back in 1979 when Frederick came through, never coughed once. When I say dropped, many were topped already by the wind, most were hlaf on the ground, the rest were leaning.

Makes me wish my dad had taken pictures back then. Ive got a picture of 1 acre before the storm, I promise you one day when I get my scanner going Ill give you a BEFORE pic, then Ive got an after pic.

No, junk is all the crap that people give you that you have in the first part of your signature.:censored:

Unlike some closeminded people, I like all saws. I dont allow myself to be tied down by a single brand.

I like my Homies, Poulans, MAC's, Echo, The remington is just nifty...Its all good.

Just because I didnt pay 1500 dollars apeice for them, doesnt make them worthless.

Howdy all.....
My name is Red, and I am a crapaholic.
You see it first started way back in the day when someone gave me my first mini mac.
I mean I only had to tear that thing down fourteen or so times to get it purring like a kitten.
Then I found me some Homies. Nah, not that kind. You know the ones that people leave by the dumpster hoping someone will come along and save them. And save them I did. I went to the Corvette forum and asked if anyone had a Homie and you would not believe the response that I got. But again it was the wrong kind.
The best saw that was ever given to me is my Echo. My I am proud of that one. She is so light from all the damn plastic on her, and so smooth because she lacks the power to make any vibrations but I just love her.
Now I can't remember if I ever paid the guy who brought it in for me to fix or not. But she's all mine.

See Red, I do know who you are and about all the crap you spew on here.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Boy, the ORANGE Kool-Aid is flowin tonight....:cheers:

He'd make it.

Hell, A Homelite XL dropped some 4 dozen Pines on 3 acres back in 1979 when Frederick came through, never coughed once. When I say dropped, many were topped already by the wind, most were hlaf on the ground, the rest were leaning.

Makes me wish my dad had taken pictures back then. Ive got a picture of 1 acre before the storm, I promise you one day when I get my scanner going Ill give you a BEFORE pic, then Ive got an after pic.

Back then the Homie was a good saw. That was before they took it to the mass.

Back then the Homie was a good saw. That was before they took it to the mass.

I got my 150 going tonight after I gave up on the 018C.

People say it vibrates alot and is loud...It vibrates some, and it is VERY loud..but it feels so good in your hands, Cant wait to drop it into some thick stuff.

Ive got a NEW homelite Ranger for parts...but honestly the parts aint even any good..it truely is trash. THAT saw is all cheap plastic.

The ECHO is plastic, but its not cheap flimsy plastic. Also, Id much rather have to replace a plastic cover or part, than a magnesium cover or part...as far as cost goes.

They dont use plastic because its cheaper...even though it IS, its about weight savings. Take all your magnesium parts off and weigh em, now Ill take off my plastic parts and weigh em. Its signifigant. Yet both saws can move swiftly through a log...The operator of the lighter saw would be less apt to succumb to fatigue in the cut.

From RED - " I dont get where you guys come up with Echo's having a "cheap feel" to them...must not be used to a saw that doesnt weigh 30lbs and vibrate like a bed in a cheap hotel..."

Well matey, either echos have improved hugely since their shameful appearance on the market long ago, and even since the last time I used one about a year ago - and threw it away in disgust after 5 minutes - or I'm missing something????

From RED - " I dont get where you guys come up with Echo's having a "cheap feel" to them...must not be used to a saw that doesnt weigh 30lbs and vibrate like a bed in a cheap hotel..."

Well matey, either echos have improved hugely since their shameful appearance on the market long ago, and even since the last time I used one about a year ago - and threw it away in disgust after 5 minutes - or I'm missing something????

:rolleyes:

Red, the truth is it's watching echos sneaky underhanded and untruthful claims of commercial grade quality catching unsuspecting people unaware that pisses me and others off, - far more than just the poor ole chainsaw itself... half price commercial grade chainsaws are a con.. I'll shut up now:sucks:

Back