stihl going to home depot!!! ousts echo!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Reaction score
couldn't believe my eyes this morning.

stihl will be sold at the home depot around 2010. according to the article echo is unable to meet epa requirements in the alotted time and has bowed out of the high volume box buiseness!

i snipped these lines from the article:

An unexpected announcement this morning from Stihl USA confirms that the company, best known for chain saws, will be supplying gasoline powered equipment to U.S. Home Depot home improvement outlets. Marketing executive Bill Henrickson was quoted as saying, "Our commitment to The Home Depot corporation will in no way effect our current commitment to our current dealer network. Separate regional service centers will be established to handle any consumer concerns regarding their new Stihl power equipment.". Henrickson's comment is assumed to be directed toward current Stihl dealers who, until this morning's announcement, have been kept out of the loop. Stihl is slated to replace Kioritz Corporation's Echo line-up at most Home Depot retail locations late in 2009. Sources inside the deal confirm rumors that the Kioritz Corporation has insufficient resources to comply with 2010 U.S. EPA hydrocarbon emission regulations.

wow man!!! i'll post links after work today!!!

stihl will be sold at the home depot around 2010. according to the article echo is unable to meet epa requirements in the alotted time and has bowed out of the high volume box buiseness!

An unexpected announcement this morning from Stihl USA confirms that the company, best known for chain saws, will be supplying gasoline powered equipment to U.S. Home Depot home improvement outlets. Marketing executive Bill Henrickson was quoted as saying, "Our commitment to The Home Depot corporation will in no way effect our current commitment to our current dealer network. Separate regional service centers will be established to handle any consumer concerns regarding their new Stihl power equipment.". Henrickson's comment is assumed to be directed toward current Stihl dealers who, until this morning's announcement, have been kept out of the loop. Stihl is slated to replace Kioritz Corporation's Echo line-up at most Home Depot retail locations late in 2009. Sources inside the deal confirm rumors that the Kioritz Corporation has insufficient resources to comply with 2010 U.S. EPA hydrocarbon emission regulations.

4/1/08

Have I been here that long??? I remember this one from last year...:welcome:

An unexpected announcement this morning from Stihl USA confirms that the company, best known for chain saws, will be supplying gasoline powered equipment to U.S. Home Depot home improvement outlets. s.

Interesting.
I wonder what the Husqvarna response will be, if any. You will recall their recent 'We don't do mail order' policy....

Not going to effict local dealers,Ha HA Ha:monkey: :monkey:

FUNNNNNNY

Forgot the date OOOPPS HEHEHEHE:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
So Echo is just throwing in the towel on US sales? And they're going to make that up where?

BTW, the answer to the date question......................................

..........................opening day of Trout season.:hmm3grin2orange:

If this keeps up SawTroll will be posting that he loves the MS290 with a 28" bar over every other saw lol

Would anyone be dumb enough to belive that one lol

Amzing how some folks are so gullible and forget what day it is. :monkey: It looks like many are taking it hook, line and sinker.

Bill

I can't wait. Now I will be able to buy my saws in a box and not have to listen to the sales people anymore. I can even start fixing my own saws. Whoooeeeee

No idea if this is bogus or truth (but I could not find any info on this through a Google search and a Google News search), but I could see Stihl selling their homeowner stuff through big-box stores and holding their Pro equipment for dealers.

Amzing how some folks are so gullible and forget what day it is. :monkey: It looks like many are taking it hook, line and sinker.

Bill

Got me.
You sunzab!tches got me! :hmm3grin2orange:

Never thought about todays date. I also liked the 'one size fits all' oil mix thread from a few years ago that ruffled a few feathers before the truth was revealed.

Plotting revenge.....catch you later... :biggrinbounce2:

If thats not a April fools deal I love it. It will mean the end finally to the other players. Check and see if they will be going in Sears, Lowes, JC Penny, and Starbucks,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back